This unit will introduce criteria for evaluating your research strategies and for evaluating information sources.
- Develop a basic set of criteria for evaluating your search strategy
- Develop a basic set of criteria for evaluating information sources
Library Learning Outcomes
(Click for full list of learning outcomes)
After this module, the student should be able to:
- 3d. Analyze the search results and determine whether the search should be refined.
- 5a. Use the components of a citation to choose those sources most suitable for the research project.
- 5b. Evaluate among various information sources using established evaluation criteria to determine reliability, validity, authority, currency, and accuracy).
- 5c. Evaluate information sources with an understanding of context, intention, and audience (bias, opinion, satire, inflammatory, balanced).