This unit will help you to understand how information is produced and
how information about a topic or event changes over time.
- Acquire a basic understanding of information production and distribution
- Identify differences among information source types
Library Learning Outcomes
(Click for full list of learning outcomes)
After this module, the student should be able to:
- 2b. Understand the characteristics and value of different types of resources (books, periodicals, Web sites) and their different formats (print, electronic).
- 3c. Use the components of a citation to choose those sources most suitable for the research project.
- 4b. Understand the different ways that resources are organized.