Architecture Research Databases
Home > Article Databases > Architecture Research Databases
- Academic OneFile
- Academic OneFile is great for both popular and peer-reviewed full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources. With extensive coverage of current events, physical sciences, technology, medicine, social sciences, the arts, theology, literature and other subjects, Academic OneFile is an excellent resource for general research.
- Academic Search Premier
- Academic Search Premier contains indexing and full text for 4515 journals. This collection provides both scholarly and popular journal coverage for nearly all academic areas of study - including social sciences, humanities, education, computer sciences, engineering, physics, chemistry, language and linguistics, arts & literature, medical sciences and ethnic studies. Academic Search Premier is a great resource for general research.
- Academic Video Online
- Academic Video Online is a collection of full-length streaming videos. The disciplines/collections included in Academic Video are: American History, Counseling & Therapy, Dance, Education, Ethnography & Archeology, Opera, Theater, World History, Area Studies, Art & Architecture, Business & Economics, Politics & Current Affairs, Ethnic Studies, Health & Health Care, Criminal Justice & Law, World Languages & Literature, Philosophy & Religious Studies, Psychology, Science, Women & Gender Studies. Also included in the subscription are full transcripts of each video program that are keyword searchable, easy playlist and clip making functionality, permanent embeddable URLs for easy use in online courses.
- Art And Architecture Complete
- This database provides full-text coverage of more than 350 periodicals and 220 books. In addition, Art & Architecture Complete offers cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for more than 800 academic journals, magazines and trade publications. Subjects include Antiques, Architecture and Architectural History, Archaeology, Costume Design, Decorative Arts, Graphic Arts, Interior and landscape design, Painting, Printmaking and Sculpture. The database also provides selective coverage for more than 70 additional publications and an Image Collection of over 64,000 images provided by Picture Desk and others.
- Associates Programs Source Plus
- Associates Programs Source Plus is designed specifically for junior & community colleges with a primary focus on disciplines of study within associate degrees and certification programs. Areas explored include accounting,agricultural sciences,child care services,cosmetology,culinary arts,forestry,food service management,graphic arts,hair dressing,hospitality management,interior design,journalism,plumbing,heating & air conditioning,veterinary technology and welding to name a few. The database is updated weekly on EBSCO host.
- Camio Image Database
- About 95,000 art images—photographs, paintings, sculpture, decorative and utilitarian objects, prints, drawings and watercolors, jewelry and costumes, textiles and architecture—plus audio, video and mixed media. Rights cleared for educational use only.
(Available in the Library and C.O.D. Network only)
- Digital Image Archive--Saskia
- The collection contains 30,000 digital images of paintings, sculpture and architecture, including images from many important collections: the Prado, the Kunsthistorisches Museum, the Uffizi, and the Louvre as well as archaeological sites in Greece, Italy, Turkey and Egypt. The images are displayed in both high resolution and thumbnail format. Additionally, the descriptive data about the images includes references to the occurrences of these images in 19 major art history texts, including Gardner’s Art Through the Ages, 12th edition; Understanding Art, 7th edition; Art and Ideas, 10th edition; Discovering Art History, 4th edition.
- Films On Demand
- This collection of online streaming videos includes a variety of subjects, including: 1)Business and Economics 2)Humanities and Social Sciences 3)Science and Mathematics 4)Health and Nutrition 5)Technical and Consumer Sciences 6)Academic Success Skills and Career Exploration.
- GreenFILE, a freely accessible research database focusing on the relationship between human beings and the environment. Comprised of more than 600 scholarly and general interest titles, as well as government documents and reports, GreenFILE offers a unique perspective on the positive and negative ways humans affect the ecology. The total number of records is approximately 295,000, and full text is provided for more than 4,600 records from open access titles. Also included in GreenFILE is a 6,800-term Thesaurus.
- JSTOR is an archive of digitized journal articles ranging in date from the 1700's to the early 2000's. These collections span a variety of subjects in the Humanities, Social Sciences and Physical Sciences.
- Knovel Library
- This database is a cross-searchable collection of electronic books covering many subjects in technology, engineering, applied technology, science, chemistry and physics and much more.
- Provides online video training on a large variety of software packages for 3D design, audio, video, photography, graphic design, web and interactive design, business, and development.
- NFPA Codes
- Includes the National Fire Codes, the National Electrical Codes, the Life Safety Code and many more National codes from the NFPA.
- New York Times (1851-2008) Proquest Historical Newspapers
- Digital image of every issue of the New York Times from 1851-2008, cover-to-cover. Use this database to find not only news, editorials, letters to the editor, obituaries, and birth and marriage announcements but also historical photos, stock photos, and advertisements. By utilizing software enhancements, the original microfilm image can frequently be improved for a cleaner, more readable image. And the date range searching tool lets users search on, before, or between two dates.
- New York Times (1980-Present)
- Comprehensive digital coverage is available for this internationally renowned U.S. newspaper from 1980-present. The NYT Magazine and Book Review is covered from 1999-present. For pre-1980 full text coverage, see New York Times Historical.
Home > Article Databases > Architecture Research Databases