COD Continuing Education Hosts ‘Sage Series’ Lectures this Fall
By Mike McKissack
Continuing Education at College of DuPage will host “Sage Series” lectures this fall on the College’s Glen Ellyn campus, 425 Fawell Blvd.
Part of Continuing Education’s Lifelong Learning program, the “Sage Series” features local experts presenting information on a variety of topics, including Chinese quinine, NASA’s Dawn mission and tips for traveling in Spain.
These lectures are offered free of charge for community members age 50 and older.
- Intergenerational Learning and the Value of Grand Friendships: Explore intergenerational learning and the positive impact that older adults can
have on younger children.
Friday, Sept. 15, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- A Bite of China: Learn about the history and use of select staple foods in various regions of China.
Friday, Sept. 22, 10 a.m. to noon.
- Behind the Scenes at the MAC: Take a personalized behind-the-scenes tour of the MAC with Director Diana Martinez
followed by an all-inclusive lunch at the student-run Waterleaf restaurant.
Friday, Oct. 6, 10 a.m. to noon.
HUMNT-0001-204 ($25 fee includes lunch at Waterleaf)
HUMNT-0001-244 (Free tour of the MAC without lunch)
- NASA's Dawn Spacecraft: Learn about NASA's Dawn mission which orbited and explored the giant asteroid Vesta
and is currently in orbit around and exploring the dwarf planet Ceres.
Saturday, Oct. 14, 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Behind the Scenes at the COD Greenhouse: Learn the ins-and-outs of this working greenhouse and see how the dedicated staff
prepares for special events throughout the year.
Friday, Nov. 17, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Travel to Andalusia, Spain: Discover how to best reach key cities and take advantage of all the sites and activities
in Andalusia, Spain.
Friday, Dec. 1, 10 to 11;30 a.m.
Registration for these classes is required. Click here or call (630) 942-2208 for more information and to register.
The Lifelong Learning Institute offers a mix of courses, workshops, seminars and lectures in a wide range of topic areas, such as art and hobby, health and wellness, history, the humanities and more. Click here for more information about the Lifelong Learning Institute at College of DuPage.
For more information about the broad range of offerings and opportunities provided by Continuing Education at College of DuPage, visit www.cod.edu/academics/conted.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage