Learning Technologies Services
Learning Technologies is dedicated to helping COD instructors learn about the latest tech tools and build high-quality courses for their students. Staff members can help with everything from answering questions about Blackboard to helping you film, edit and utilize videos in your courses.
The best place to learn more about Learning Technologies is through our department website. There, faculty can take advantage of Blackboard support, sign up for courses, learn about new tech initiatives at COD, and a read variety of articles on educational technology.
Visit UsThe Learning Technologies department offers walk-in hours for all faculty and instructors at COD, but appointments are also available for those who want more focused attention or who cannot attend walk-in hours.
- Walk-In Hours: Wednesdays and Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- By-Appointment Hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
*Hours will vary due to holidays, staff availability, and summer schedules.
Learning Technologies Workshops
Staff members from Learning Technologies also lead a variety of workshops for instructors designed to help them learn to better utilize educational technology. Most of our workshops fall into two categories:
- In-Depth Sessions:Instructors at COD have the option of attending in-depth workshops on a variety of tech-focused topics. These workshops are managed by the TLC. Check the calendar for upcoming sessions or register for sessions through myACCESS.
- Mini Sessions: Learning Technologies also offers weekly mini sessions during the spring and fall. These short, 20-minute sessions are highly focused and can be a great way to get to know the technology you use in the classroom.To attend a mini session, visit the Berg Instructional Center (BIC) 3401 on Tuesdays at 2 p.m.
Have a quick question about Blackboard? These resources can help.
- Blackboard Central: Find training and support resources for Blackboard created by COD's IT department.
For any other questions and inquiries, contact the Learning Technologies office at (630) 942-2490 or at email@example.com.