Chaparral Fitness and Pool Rules and Regulations
Chaparral Fitness Rules and Regulations
- No one is allowed in the facility without a qualified supervisor or staff present.
- The on duty supervisor or lab assistants have the authority over all conduct and use of equipment.
- Only certified fitness professionals on staff are allowed to conduct personal training.
- Proper fitness/sports training attire is required and must be worn appropriately. T-shirts, shorts, athlete ware, and athletic shoes only. Shirts should cover chest and abdominal area.
- Absolutely no torn clothing, athlete ware with vulgar or profane writing, jeans or street shoes will not be allowed in fitness center. No bare feet. Swimsuits only in pool area.
- Respect and acknowledge other participants personal space.
- Refrain from using cell phones for communication while on cardio or exercise equipment.
- Observe weight room etiquette and demonstrate courtesies toward others in the room.
- Return weights to racks or storage area.
- Give consideration to others waiting to use equipment.
- Wipe off machines
- Loud, abusive or offensive language including swearing or inappropriate conversation will not be tolerated.
- Conduct that results in physical contact with a person in any angry, intimidating or threatening manner will not be tolerated. Campus police will be notified and offending members will be subject to dismissal.
- Behavior of an intimate nature is not acceptable.
- Show respect for equipment and facilities at all time. Do not drop weights while performing free weight exercise.
- You will be dismissed from facility immediately if you misuse equipment and/or facility.
- If you show unsafe techniques that may harm you or others, you will be dismissed from the fitness center.
- Do not use equipment unless you are knowledgeable of its use.
- Allow for adequate space while performing all exercises.
- Avoid resting on machines between sets. Please allow other members to “work in” between sets.
- Utilize spotters and safety collars at all times.
- Fitness equipment must remain in the fitness center unless otherwise directed by staff.
- Keep facility flow path clear; remove any obstructions.
- Immediately report any facility injury or equipment damage to the supervisor or fitness staff.
- Tobacco, food, glass bottles, and cans are prohibited in the facility. Plastic containers with water or sports drinks are acceptable.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or objects that maybe used as weapons is not permitted. Campus police will be notified.
- Fitness staff personnel are not responsible for member personal belongings. Do not leave unattended bags or coats inside Fitness Center.
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted to use the fitness center. Minors (under the age of 18) must have a parent/guardian sign waiver of liability and must be present to supervise all workouts.
- Current or retired employees of the College of DuPage are eligible to register for Chaparral Fitness membership under employee rates. No current or retired employee of the College of DuPage may register for a “Student” Chaparral Fitness membership.
All rules and regulations are subject to change
*These rules are in addition to those posted from the State of Illinois Department of Public Health – Division of Environmental Health and the Occupation Safety Hazard Administration (OSHA).
- No one will be allowed in the swimming area unless the pool is officially open and a lifeguard is on duty.
- All persons entering the pool must scan in and present proof of valid membership (receipt) or program registration (class).
- Aquatic Managers and Lifeguards are responsible for member safety and their directions must be followed. They have the authority to enforce all pool rules.
- No person within the pool area shall behave in such a manner as to jeopardize the safety and health of themselves or others. Any intimidating or harassing behavior, including abusive or profane language, gestures, or body language shall be grounds for expulsion.
- No one under 17 permitted, unless affiliated with a high school swim team pool rental.
- Respect all participants, staff, members, students, equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Appropriate dress is required. Proper swimming attire refers to swim suits only. Gym clothing, street shoes, and other clothing is not permitted. Exceptions may be made on religious grounds.
- The only beverage allowed on the pool deck is water. No colored liquids allowed. No glass allowed.
- Lockers are available for your use. Please bring your own padlock. All padlocks must be removed daily. Patrons are not allowed to leave padlocks on overnight. Locks will be cut off and locker contents will be placed in the lost and found.
- Pool staff is not responsible for the locker rooms, though they may assist members with any issues they have.
- Employees are the only persons allowed in the staff rooms, pump room, chemical storage areas and offices.
- Pool staff is not responsible for items left on the pool deck.
Any questions or concerns must be addressed to the manager on duty.
- Proper swimming etiquette is required. Members are not guaranteed space/lanes to themselves. When space is shared, members should either split the lane or circle swim. Lap lanes are designed for multiple swimmers.
- Members should swim in the appropriately designated lanes according to their abilities (slow, medium, and fast). Members wishing to perform exercises other than lap swimming, may have to share a lane with a lap swimmer.
- The diving blocks are off limits to members.
Classes and Rentals:
- Classes and Open Swim may at times share the pool. These times are at the discretion of COD Administration. Limited space will be available for open swimmers during these times.
- Class instructors have authority over their students as well as members during times when open swim and classes occur simultaneously.
- Parents or guests are not allowed on the pool deck. If they wish to observe classes or rentals that must be done from the balcony.
*Pool staff may refuse admittance to members as they see fit. Pool staff may have members removed if they violate any of the above rules. Campus Police may be called if necessary. Failure to comply with pool rules, written or verbal, may result in removal from facility and/or revocation of membership.
Located on the second floor of the Physical Education Center
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL
Phone: (630) 942-2633
FAX: (630) 942-3601
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage