Rules and Regulations
- No one is allowed in the facility without a qualified supervisor or staff present.
- The on-duty supervisor and lab assistants have the authority over all conduct and use of equipment.
- Only certified fitness professionals on staff are allowed to conduct personal training.
- Proper fitness/sports training attire is required and must be worn appropriately. T-shirts, shorts, athletic wear and athletic shoes only.
- Absolutely no torn clothing, athletic wear with vulgar or profane writing, jeans or street shoes will be allowed in fitness center. No bare feet. Swimsuits only in pool area.
- Respect and acknowledge other participants personal space.
- Refrain from using cell phones for communication while on cardio or exercise equipment.
- Observe weight room etiquette and demonstrate courtesies toward others in the room.
- Return weights to racks or storage area.
- Give consideration to others waiting to use equipment.
- Wipe off machines
- Loud, abusive or offensive language, including swearing or inappropriate conversation, will not be tolerated.
- Conduct that results in physical contact with a person in any angry, intimidating or threatening manner will not be tolerated. Campus police will be notified and guilty parties will be subject to dismissal.
- Behavior of an intimate nature is not acceptable.
- Show respect for equipment and facilities at all times. Do not drop weights while performing free weight exercise.
- You will be dismissed from facility immediately if you misuse equipment and/or the facility.
- If you show unsafe techniques that may harm you or others, you will be dismissed from the fitness center.
- Do not use equipment unless you are knowledgeable of its use.
- Allow for adequate space while performing all exercises.
- Avoid resting on machines between sets. Please allow other members to “work in” between sets.
- Utilize spotters and safety collars at all times.
- Fitness equipment must remain in the fitness center unless otherwise directed by staff.
- Keep facility flow path clear; remove any obstructions.
- Immediately report any facility injury or equipment damage to the supervisor or fitness staff.
- Tobacco, food, glass bottles and cans are prohibited in the facility. Plastic containers with water or sports drinks are acceptable.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or objects that maybe used as weapons is not permitted. Campus police will be notified.
- Fitness staff personnel are not responsible for member’s personal belongings. Do not leave unattended bags or coats inside fitness center.
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted to use the fitness center, unless participating in an approved program.
Located on the second floor of the Physical Education Center
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL
Phone: (630) 942-2633
FAX: (630) 942-3601
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage