1. The following science and math courses are likely to be required (contact prospective institutions early for specific requirements):
- Biology 1151, 1152
- Chemistry 1551 (Math 1431 or equivalent needs to have been taken prior to enrollment in Chemistry 1551) and 1552 (inorganic). Chemistry 2551 and 2552 (organic) may be required.
- Trigonometry and calculus: Math 1432 and 2231. Additional math may be required. The sequence to Math 2231 is Math 1431 > Math 1432 > Math 2231.
- Anatomy and Physiology 1571, 1572
- Physics 1201, 1202
2. Comments about admission to physical therapy school:
Entrance to physical therapy school is very competitive. Applicants need current certification in first aid and CPR, knowledge about APT, and experience in patient care. A bachelor degree is required prior to admittance to a physical therapy program.
3. Physical therapy schools in Illinois
- Bradley University, 1501 W. Bradley Ave, Peoria, IL 61625
- Governors State University, Department of Physical Therapy, College of Health Professions, University Park, IL 60466
- Midwestern University, 555, 31st St., Downers Grove, IL 60615
- Northern Illinois University, Office of Admissions, DeKalb, IL 60115
- Northwestern University, Physical Therapy, Medical School, 345 E. Superior St., Room 1323, Chicago, IL 60611
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Physical Therapy Program, School of Related Health Sciences, 3333 Green Bay Rd., N. Chicago, IL 60064
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Dept. of Physical Therapy, College of Associated Health Professions, 1919 W. Taylor, Chicago, IL 60612
Health and Sciences Division
Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 1220, (630) 942-8331
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2012 College of DuPage