Basic Nursing Assistant (BNA)
The Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program (BNATP) prepares students for employment as entry-level certified nurse assistants (CNA) through a combination of classroom and clinical education. This program is approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health and emphasizes basic nursing assistant skills and related knowledge. Upon successful completion of the Illinois State Competency Exam, the CNA will be recognized on the Illinois Health Care Worker Registry.
Registration for the NURSA 1105 course is in accordance with the college registration calendar AND is affected by the 90 day drug screen and TB skin tests health requirement's earliest completion date. Students are eligible to register for the course after ALL pre-enrollment academic, health, and financial requirements are completed (See the BNA Registration Requirements packet and BNA Health Requirements packet).
Spring 2017 – NURSA 1105: Basic Nurse Assistant (BNA) – Custom Course Sessions (Beginning Mid-March)
- Registration OPENS: January 3, 2017 – See "BNA Registration Requirements" link below for eligibility details.
- Note regarding the TB and Drug Testing: Your TB and Drug Test must be done no earlier than 90 days prior to class start. The earliest completion date for Spring 2017 second 8 week classes enrollment is December 27, 2016.
- Registration CLOSES: March 10, 2017 at close of business day.
- Mandatory BNA Student Orientation: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or Friday, March 17, 2017, 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Details will be sent to ALL registered students' college email after registration closes.
- Classes begin the week of March 20, 2017.
- Note: The 8 week classes end on May 18 or 19, 2017.
Summer 2017 – NURSA 1105: Basic Nurse Assistant (BNA) – Course Sessions (8 week classes)
- Registration OPENS: MARCH 21, 2017 – See "BNA Registration Requirements" link below for eligibility details.
- Note regarding the TB and Drug Testing: Your TB and Drug Test must be done no earlier than 90 days prior to class start. The earliest completion date for Summer 2017 enrollment is MARCH 6, 2017.
- Registration CLOSES: May 24, 2017 at close of business day or when all seats are filled.
- Mandatory BNA Student Orientation: Wednesday, MAY 31 2017, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or Thursday, JUNE 1, 2017, 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Details will be sent to ALL registered students' college email after registration closes.
- Classes begin the week of June 5, 2017.
- Attend an Advising Session
- Online BNA2CNA Advising
- BNA Registration Requirements Packet (Spring 2017)
- BNA Registration Requirements Packet (Summer 2017 through Spring 2018)
- BNA Health Requirements Packet (Spring 2017)
- BNA Health Requirements Packet (Summer 2017 through Spring 2018)
- BNA Handbook (Spring 2017)
- Graduate Outcomes
- Course Description
- Skills Checklist
- Clinical Evaluation Tools
- Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation
Completing the Program
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
Basic Nurse Assistant
A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is an entry-level nurse assistant who helps registered nurses (RNs) and licensed practical nurses (LPNs) with a wide variety of hands-on patient care. College of DuPage offers a BNA course (NURSA 1105) that provides both classroom and clinical education. For more information, please meet with a COD Health Science advisor and attend a BNA Advising session.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage