Basic Nursing Assistant (BNA)
The Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program (BNATP) prepares students for employment as entry-level certified nurse assistants (CNA) through a combination of classroom and clinical education. This program is approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health and emphasizes basic nursing assistant skills and related knowledge. Upon successful completion of the Illinois State Competency Exam, the CNA will be recognized on the Illinois Health Care Worker Registry.
Registration for the NURSA 1105 course is in accordance with the college registration calendar AND is affected by the 90 day drug screen and TB skin tests health requirement's earliest completion date. Students are eligible to register for the course after ALL pre-enrollment academic, health, and financial requirements are completed (See the BNA Registration Requirements packet and BNA Health Requirements packet).
Fall 2018 – NURSA 1105: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – Course Sessions (First
8 week and 16 week classes)
- Registration Opens: May 22, 2018 – See "CNA Registration Requirements" link below for eligibility details.
- Note regarding the TB and Drug Testing: Your TB and Drug Test must be done no earlier than 90 days prior to class start. This earliest completion date for fall 2018 first 8 week and 16 week class enrollment is May 22, 2018.
- Registration Closes: August 6, 2018 at close of business day or before if all seats are filled.
- Mandatory CNA Student Orientation: Monday, August 13, 2018, 12:45p.m. to 4:30 p.m. OR Tuesday, August 14, 2018, 8:45am to 12:30p.m. Details will be sent in a welcome letter to all registered students' college email after registration closes.
Fall 2018 – NURSA 1105: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) – Course Sessions (Second
8 week classes)
- Registration Opens: July 13, 2018 – See "CNA Registration Requirements" link below for eligibility details.
- Note regarding the TB and Drug Testing: Your TB and Drug Test must be done no earlier than 90 days prior to class start. This earliest completion date for fall 2018 second 8 week class enrollment is July 13, 2018.
- Registration Closes: September 27, 2018 at close of business day or before if all seats are filled.
- Mandatory CNA Student Orientation: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Details will be sent in a welcome letter to all registered students' college email after registration closes.
- Attend an Advising Session
- Online CNA Advising Video
- Online CNA Advising Slides
- The Hybrid (Blended) Course Advising Slides- NEW
- CNA Registration Requirements Packet (Fall 2018 through Summer 2019)
- CNA Health Requirements Packet (Fall 2018 through Summer 2019)
- CNA Student Handbook (FA18-SP19)
- Graduate Outcomes
- Course Description
- Skills Checklist
- Clinical Evaluation Tools
- Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation
Completing the Program
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
Basic Nurse Assistant
A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is an entry-level nurse assistant who helps registered nurses (RNs) and licensed practical nurses (LPNs) with a wide variety of hands-on patient care. College of DuPage offers a BNA course (NURSA 1105) that provides both classroom and clinical education. For more information, please meet with a COD Health Science advisor and attend a BNA Advising session.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage