College of DuPage and Lewis University 3+1 Bachelor of Arts Degree
Beginning with the fall 2011 semester, College of DuPage and Lewis University are offering a convenient, affordable and streamlined approach to earn both the Associate in Arts in Criminal Justice and Bachelor of Arts in Criminal/Social Justice degrees.
All classes are held at the COD Glen Ellyn campus.
- The program takes full advantage of the first-of-its-kind Homeland Security Education Center, opening in fall 2011.
- The 128 credit hour program includes 92 credit hours of COD courses and 36 credit hours of Lewis University coursework.
- Students pay COD tuition rates for the first three years, with the final year of Lewis
tuition offered at a significantly reduced rate.
Who can enroll in the program?
- Students who have completed an Associate in Arts degree in Criminal Justice at COD.
- Students who have completed an Associate in Applied Science degree in Criminal Justice at COD and take the necessary additional general education courses.
- New students to COD who indicate their intent to enter the 3+1 program.
- Students can apply for admission to Lewis when they are six months away from completing
their associate degree.
How does the program work?
- The student completes the 64 hours of coursework at COD to fulfill the requirements for the AA in Criminal Justice at COD.
- Upon completing the AA, the student completes 28 credit hours of additional COD courses posted at the Lewis 300 level.
- The student must earn a grade of "B" or higher in these classes.
- The student completes 30 credit hours of Lewis Criminal/Social Justice coursework
and 6 hours of Lewis Mission courses with Lewis faculty on the COD campus.
Contact an advisor for more information about enrolling in the program.
Director of Recruitment and External Relations
Department of Justice, Law and Public Safety Studies
One University Parkway
Romeoville, IL 60446
Office: (815) 836-5342
Cell: (815) 272-6900
College of DuPage
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Office: (630) 942-3977
- NBC/Channel 5 report on the new 3+1 agreement
- COD, Lewis University Partner for Criminal/Social Justice Degree
Social and Behavioral Sciences
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2616, (630) 942-2010
2014 College of DuPage