Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technology
The College of DuPage MRI Technology Program and its curriculum are intended to provide qualified students with the educational experiences and practical skills required to function competently in the field of magnetic resonance imaging technology. Students will meet or exceed the standards of the profession as defined by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
Program Mission Statement
The mission of the program is to educate MRI students in the knowledge, skills and attitude to become qualified practitioners who provide quality service and care to the community and to prepare students for the changing needs of the profession. The College of DuPage prepares students for responsible citizenship, broadens intellectual perspectives and fosters ethical and humanitarian values in responding to diverse populations.
- The primary goal of the program is to educate competent, efficient, and effective Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists, capable of functioning in any environment, within 12 months.
- Provide a complete, up-to-date, competency-based curriculum.
- Educate the student to properly perform the procedures associated with entry-level Magnetic Resonance Technologist employment responsibilities.
- Support the development of a diverse set of skills necessary to participate in both current and emerging technologies in magnetic resonance imaging.
- To promote development of integrative, critical thinking, and written, verbal and computer-based communication skills.
- Prepare the student to achieve a satisfactory result on the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) credentialing examination for Magnetic Resonance Imaging. College of DuPage and/or its faculty and staff do not guarantee successful candidate performance on the ARRT Certification exam, as a condition of successful Program completion.
- Provide accurate student advisement to aid in student retention, course completion, program completion and possible future job placement.
- Provide opportunities for continuing education for Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage