The Proton Therapy Advanced Certificate program provides a post graduate educational opportunity to registered Radiation Therapists through a variety of instructional methods including online and traditional instruction, simulated practical experience as well as clinical experience. The Proton Therapy Advanced Certificate will provide graduates with 16 undergraduate college credit hours.
Mission and Goals
The mission of the Proton Therapy Advanced Certificate program is to provide the student with a comprehensive education in proton therapy. Participants will complete the program with the knowledge and skills necessary to function as a competent and compassionate proton therapy professional.
Graduates of the COD Proton Therapy Advanced Certificate are expected to meet the following objectives:
- Demonstrate knowledge of anatomical structures of the body in radiographic and cross-sectional images.
- Describe the concepts of basic patient care specific to radiation therapy/proton therapy with an emphasis on physical and emotional conditions.
- Discuss the physical properties of protons and describe how they influence the principles of treatment and simulation.
- Discuss specific pathologic conditions and describe the standard treatment and simulation regimens for each anatomical structure.
- Demonstrate clinical competency in a variety of treatment procedures.
- Describe and discuss quality management procedures standard in a proton therapy facility.
- Practice radiation safety precautions specific to the delivery of proton therapy treatments.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage