How To Get Started
If you are considering this program as an area of study, please follow the steps below:
- Get Admitted - Apply online or visit the Office of Admissions and Outreach located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 2207, (630) 942-2380. Fill out the admission form with the $20 admission fee to receive your College of DuPage identification number.
- Financial Assistance - Visit the FAFSA website to determine what you may be eligible for in terms of federal grants or loans. Direct your questions to the Office of Student Financial Assistance located in the Student Services Center (SSC), room 2220, (630) 942-2251.
- Create your myACCESS Account - After you receive your College of DuPage ID number you can use it to create your student online account. Go to myACCESS and select "I'm New to myACCESS." Your myACCESS account will allow you to view your student profile, search and register for classes, check on your financial aid status, pay for classes and much more. If you have any technical issues viewing or accessing the myACCESS website, please contact the Student Help Desk, (630) 942-2999 or email@example.com.
- Take Necessary Placement Tests – The Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) program requires the Reading Placement Test - Category One. Placement tests are offered on a walk-in basis. A picture ID and student ID number are required to complete your tests. Placement tests are available for the subjects of reading, writing, and math. Students with ACT composite scores of 20 or higher are waived out of the reading and writing placement tests. Math ACT scores of 23 or higher may waive students from the math portion of the placement tests. The Testing Center is located in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC) room 2405, (630) 942-2400.
- Connect with Counseling and Advising - Attend a Begin Session. Check with Campus Central at (630) 942-2380 for days and times. Visit the Counseling and Advising Center located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 3200, (630) 942-2259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for Classes - Visit the Requirements, Policies and Handbooks page and select the appropriate handbook for information on course selection.
If you are considering this program as an area of study, consult with a faculty advisor in this field. To send an e-mail, click on the name of the advisor you wish to reach.
Cindy Rice, Asst. Professor, Coordinator
Early Childhood Center (EC), Room 1003
Advises students whose last names begin with the letters N-Z
Jean Zaar, Instructor
Early Childhood Center (EC), Room 1001
Advises students whose last names begin with the letters A-M
Health and Sciences Division
Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 1220, (630) 942-8331
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2014 College of DuPage