Practical Nurse (PN)
- The Practical Nursing Program as a traditional, stand-alone program is being phased out. The last cohort of students has been accepted. At this time, no applications are being taken for the Practical Nursing program.
- The revised Associate Degree Nursing program is being implemented in Fall 2013.
- Satisfactory completion of the first year of the Associate Degree Nursing program may make the student eligible to take for the Practical Nurse licensing exam.
- Beginning Fall 2013, admissions to the Associate Degree Nursing program will take
place twice a year. The application deadlines for this next year are:
- March 22, 2013 for Fall 2013
- October 25, 2013 for Spring 2014
As a reminder, there is information for all NURSING DEPARTMENT PROGRAM inquiries and students on the NURSING DEPARTMENT home page.
Specific questions about the application and admission to the program(s) can be directed to the Health Programs Admissions Advisor (630-942-2259) or the Health Programs Admissions Specialist (630-942-2482). However, it is strongly recommended that you attend the Program advising session as a first step.
The Practical Nursing program provides didactic, laboratory and clinical education for students interested in pursuing a career as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The PN program also serves as a transitional step for students interested in continuing their education by completing the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program at COD.
Students who earn a PN certificate are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination-Practical Nurse (NCLEX-PN), and upon successful completion, are licensed as an LPN.
The PN certificate program at College of DuPage has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation/Board of Nursing and the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB).
Program Accreditation Status
The P.N. program is currently accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA, 30326. Phone: (404) 975-5000 Fax: (404) 975-5020.
For more information, contact Vickie Gukenberger, Director of Nursing, (630) 942-8433, email: email@example.com.
- Administration of IVPB Medication 2010
- Administration of Medication via Intramuscular Injection 2010
- Administration of Medication via Subcutaneous Injection 2010
- Administration of Oral Medications 2010
- Head-to-Toe Assessment 2010
- Nasogastric Tube Insertion and Removal 2010
- Performing a Wet-to-Dry Dressing Change
- Replacement of Intravenous Tubing and Intravenous Solution 2010
- Tracheostomy Care and Suctioning Return 2010
- Urinary Catheterization with Indwelling 2010
Completing the program
Using Data: Program Improvement and Learning Enhancement
- Program Evaluation
- Student Outcome Assessment
- Systematic Evaluation Plan
Gainful Employment Information
View information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
2012 College of DuPage