Presently, College of DuPage offers combined CRT and RRT education for Respiratory Care Practitioners. The Respiratory Care program is an intensive, full-time, two-year program leading to an Associate in Applied Science degree. The program includes classroom instruction and clinical practice two days a week at local hospital affiliates.
The goal of the Respiratory Care Program is to prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).
Please note: This program requires a separate admission process in addition to acceptance to College of DuPage.
The two-year Entry into Respiratory Care Professional program is accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
1248 Harwood Road
Bedford, TX 76021-4244
Programmatic outcomes are performance indicators that reflect the extent to which
the goals of the program are achieved and by which program effectiveness is documented.
Programmatic outcomes data reported on the CoARC website include:
- 3-year time period being reported
- CRT credentialing success
- RRT credentialing success
- Achievement of the high cut score on the TMC Exam (beginning 2018)
- Retention (Attrition)
- Job Placement
- Overall Graduate Satisfaction
- Overall Employer Satisfaction
- On-time Graduation Rate
- Total number of program enrollees
- Total number of program graduates
- Maximum Annual Enrollment
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to email@example.com. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
COD and Concordia University Chicago 3 + 1 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Healthcare Management for students with an AAS in Respiratory Care.
Niko ClaudioRespiratory Care
“I did not have any aspiration to attend a big university after high school because I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life at the time. My high school teachers kept recommending COD so I could take classes while I figure out what I really wanted to do. I changed my mind plenty of times, as does everyone in school. The counselors and many of the instructors I had at COD played a big role in assisting me in finding my path.”Read Spotlight
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage