Presently, College of DuPage offers combined CRT and RRT education for Respiratory Care Practitioners. The Respiratory Care program is an intensive, full-time, two-year program leading to an Associate in Applied Science degree. The program includes classroom instruction and clinical practice two days a week at local hospital affiliates.
The goal of the Respiratory Care Program is to prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of respiratory care practice as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRTs).
Please note: This program requires a separate admission process in addition to acceptance to College of DuPage.
The two-year Entry into Respiratory Care Professional program is accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
1248 Harwood Road
Bedford, TX 76021-4244
Programmatic outcomes are performance indicators that reflect the extent to which
the goals of the program are achieved and by which program effectiveness is documented.
Programmatic outcomes data reported on the CoARC website include:
- 3-year time period being reported
- CRT credentialing success
- RRT credentialing success
- Achievement of the high cut score on the TMC Exam (beginning 2018)
- Retention (Attrition)
- Job Placement
- Overall Graduate Satisfaction
- Overall Employer Satisfaction
- On-time Graduation Rate
- Total number of program enrollees
- Total number of program graduates
- Maximum Annual Enrollment
Please find data for all accredited programs, including College of DuPage, #200388, here.
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please
- Attend an advising session
- Visit a Health Career Program Advisor by calling (630) 942-2259 to make an appointment.
- For information or general inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please use above phone number only to schedule an appointment. Do not send an appointment request to this email).
- Attend an advising session
Feedback/compliments/concerns regarding this Health Science Program. For general inquiries, please use contact information listed above.
COD and Concordia University Chicago 3 + 1 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Healthcare Management for students with an AAS in Respiratory Care.
Rebecca McGreevyRespiratory Care
“COD has a successful Respiratory Care Program with a low attrition rate, high NBRC pass rate percentages and an above-average positive placement percentage of recent graduates. COD provided tutoring in the past which helped me obtain my goals and earn a seat in the Respiratory care program. Also, open lab hours and readily available instructors eager to help with any questions or concerns have also helped. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with the professors and instructors from COD, several of whom I continue to reach out to.”Read Spotlight
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage