Proof of Prerequisite
- What is a prerequisite?
A prerequisite is a listed course or other enrollment criteria that must be satisfied prior to registration.
If you have taken the prerequisite course at another college, contact the Office of Student Records to review options for submitting proof. If your official college transcript is already on file in the Office of Student Records, submit the Prerequisite Verification Request form to the Office of Student Records.
To register for the New Student Advising and Registration sessions or classes that require placement exams use the High School Prerequisite Verification Request Form.
- My registration was denied as "Course prerequisites have not been started." Now what?
1. If you've taken the prerequisite course at another college, contact the Office of Student Records to review options for submitting proof. If your official college transcript is already on file in the Office of Student Records, submit the Prerequisite Verification Request form to the Office of Student Records.
2. Register for the prerequisite course; go to myACCESS or check the Catalog.
3. If you have not taken the prerequisite course, register for an alternate course. Go to myACCESS.
4. Previous chemistry coursework from high school may be accepted for prerequisite purposes. Have your transcript forwarded to the Office of Student Records for review prior to registration.
5. Contact the College of DuPage Testing Center for information on placement testing.
- What if I am currently enrolled in the prerequisite course at COD?
As long as all course prerequisite requirements are met, you will be allowed to register based on your current course enrollment. At the end of the term, after grades are posted, your record will be automatically checked to verify that you have met the prerequisite criteria. If you have not met the criteria, you will be dropped from the course.
- What if I am currently enrolled in the prerequisite course at another institution?
Contact the Office of Student Records for specific instructions at (630) 942-3830 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How will courses taken at another college or university be verified?
By student request, coursework from other universities can be verified for prerequisites. Contact the Office of Student Records at (630) 942-3830 or email email@example.com ahead of time to ensure your prerequisites are in order prior to registration.
- Will my Demonstrated Competency credit (articulated credit, CLEP, credit by proficiency
or advanced placement) be considered as meeting a prerequisite course?
In some cases, those types of credit can be considered.
- Will my SAT or ACT score serve as a prerequisite?
Depending on your score, you may meet some reading, writing or math prerequisites. Send a copy of your score report to the Testing Center. If your high school posts SAT or ACT scores on your transcripts, have your official high school transcript sent to the Office of Student Records.
- Will my High School GPA serve as a prerequisite?
A qualifying cumulative GPA of 2.60 on a 4.00 scale (3.25 on a 5.00 scale) may meet college-level reading and writing prerequisites. Send your high school transcript (7th or 8th semester) to the Office of Student Records.
- How will the system treat students with special circumstances?
Students who present special circumstances (for example, extensive work experience) at the point of registration will be referred to the appropriate academic division office and subsequently referred to a faculty member where necessary.
- How does the system handle prerequisites that were taken under the quarter system?
The system can handle both quarter and semester courses.
Office of Student Records
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2150
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (630) 942-3838
FAX: (630) 942-3693
Prerequisites: (630) 942-3830
Student Records: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official COD Transcripts: email@example.com
Transcript Evaluation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals who need language assistance, please call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email email@example.com.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage