Proof of Prerequisite
- What is a prerequisite?
A prerequisite is a listed course or other enrollment criteria that must be satisfied prior to registration.
- My registration was denied as "Course prerequisites have not been started." Now what?
1. If you've taken the prerequisite course at another college, contact the Office of Student Records to review options for submitting proof. If your official college transcript is already on file in the Office of Student Records, submit the Prerequisite Evaluation Request form to the Office of Student Records.
2.Register for the prerequisite course; go to myACCESS or check the Catalog.
3. If you have not taken the prerequisite course, register for an alternate course. Go to myACCESS.
4.Previous chemistry coursework from high school may be accepted for prerequisite purposes. Have your transcript forwarded to the Office of Student Records for review prior to registration.
5. Contact the College of DuPage Testing Center for information on placement testing.
- What if I am currently enrolled in the prerequisite course at COD?
As long as all course prerequisite requirements are met, you will be allowed to register based on your current course enrollment. At the end of the term, after grades are posted, your record will be automatically checked to verify that you have met the prerequisite criteria. If you have not met the criteria, you will be dropped from the course.
- What if I am currently enrolled in the prerequisite course at another institution?
Contact the Office of Student Records for specific instructions at (630) 942-3830 or email: email@example.com.
- How will courses taken at another college or university be verified?
By student request, coursework from other universities can be verified for prerequisites. Contact the Office of Student Records at (630) 942-3830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ahead of time to ensure your prerequisites are in order prior to registration.
- Will my Demonstrated Competency credit (articulated credit, CLEP, credit by proficiency
or advanced placement) be considered as meeting a prerequisite course?
In some cases, those types of credit can be considered.
- Will my ACT score serve as a prerequisite?
Depending on your score, you may meet some reading, writing or math prerequisites. Send your official score report to the Testing Center. If your high school posts ACT scores on transcripts, have your official high school transcript sent to the Office of Student Records, SRC 2015.
- How will the system treat students with special circumstances?
Students who present special circumstances (for example, extensive work experience) at the point of registration will be referred to the appropriate academic division office and subsequently referred to a faculty member where necessary.
- How does the system handle prerequisites that were taken under the quarter system?
The system can handle both quarter and semester courses.
Office of Student Records
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2812
Summer Hours - May 31 to August 3
Mondays to Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Fridays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (630) 942-3838
FAX: (630) 858-9390
Prerequisites: (630) 942-3830
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2012 College of DuPage