- Records Home
- Degree Audit
- Enrollment Verification
- Graduation Information/Applications
- Grading Information
- Proof of Prerequisite
- Recommendation Letters/Forms
- Transcript Evaluation
- View Grades
- Ordering Transcripts Online
- Your Right to Know
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Academic Program Change Form
- Online Forms
Credits earned at other regionally accredited colleges/universities will be evaluated for transfer to College of DuPage upon receipt of an official transcript. All official transcripts will be evaluated in the order they are received. Processing time for a Transcript Evaluation is approximately 1-3 business days. During peak periods evaluations may take up to 3 weeks.
A transcript is considered official, if it is:
- Mailed directly from the issuing institution to College of DuPage
- Sent electronically from the issuing institution (or their designated service provider) to College of DuPage at email@example.com
- Brought to the Office of Student Records, in the original, unopened and sealed envelope in which it was issued.
- Have a print date within the past 12 months.
You will be notified by email once your evaluation is complete. You can see your transfer credits and track progress toward completion of a degree or certificate by running your degree audit through myACCESS.
Students who attended a college or university outside of the United States will need to have their official transcript evaluated by an international evaluation company who specializes in evaluating coursework from other educational systems. If the transcript is not in English, a translation will be necessary. The Evaluation Company Listing link above provides a list of evaluation companies you may choose from to have your transcript evaluation accepted by the College of DuPage. Students who attended college in Canada should contact the Office of Student Records at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the need for an international evaluation.
College of DuPage will accept credits earned at other regionally accredited colleges and universities. Grades equivalent to A, B, C, D, and S are accepted for transfer. Transfer coursework is not computed into the student’s cumulative GPA at College of DuPage. While there is no limit to the number of courses or credits that may be accepted in transfer, there are limitations to how such courses may be used to complete graduation requirements.
Transfer coursework is evaluated on a course-by-course basis and may be awarded an equivalent College of DuPage course (i.e. ENGLI-1101), or elective credit in a subject area (i.e. ART-9999) or a degree applicable course approved through the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) (i.e. DA-F2902).
In the event that a student satisfactorily completes the same course at College of DuPage as accepted in transfer, the transfer course will be marked as repeated, regardless of the grade earned or number of credits. The grade earned, if needed to meet prerequisite or graduation requirements, will still be recognized.
Graduation Requirements for Transfer Students
- Possess a minimum 2.00 (“C”) average in both College of DuPage coursework and the combined grade point average of all College of DuPage courses numbered 1000 and above and all courses accepted in transfer from other institutions.
- Degree seeking students must complete a minimum of 20 applicable credits toward their degree program at College of DuPage.
- Certificate seeking students must complete a minimum of one-half the applicable credits toward their certificate at College of DuPage. In the case of programs requiring an odd number of credits for completion (i.e. 9), the majority of credits must be completed at College of DuPage.
- Complete all remaining general education and program-specific requirements as outlined in the catalog current at the time of enrollment or re-enrollment, including subsequent applicable changes.
Office of Student Records
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2150
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (630) 942-3838
FAX: (630) 942-3693
Prerequisites: (630) 942-3830
Student Records: email@example.com
Official COD Transcripts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcript Evaluation: email@example.com
Individuals who need language assistance, please call Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage