NSO Need to Know
Q: WILL I BE ABLE TO SEE AN ADVISOR AND REGISTER FOR CLASSES AT NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION?
No, advising and registration will not take place at orientation. Please make sure you seek advising and are registered for your classes BEFORE you attend New Student Orientation.
Q: CAN I ATTEND NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION IF I AM NOT A FIRST TIME COLLEGE STUDENT OR
AM ONLY GOING PART TIME?
Q: HOW LONG IS NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION?
Refer to New Student Orientation Agenda for details.
- Please go to https://myaccess.cod.edu and log in using your myACCESS ID and password.
- Go to myACCESS for students.
- Look under the category "Registration" and click on the first link, Search/Register for Sections
- Go to the first drop down box labeled "Term" and select Orientation
- Under "Term" is another drop down box, "Subject." All subjects are listed in alphabetical order. Click on New Student Orientation.
- You do not need additional search criteria. Further down is a drop box for "Location." Select Main Campus. Scroll to bottom and hit "Submit."
- You will see all New Student Orientation options. Please note that you will be registering for the general student session, general parent session (if parent is attending), and lunch. You will choose breakout sessions on the day of NSO..
- Select the day that best fits your schedule for the general session--these sections begin NSO-0100. Click in the check box listed under the "Select" column.
- If a parent is attending the Parent General Session, select the parent general session for the same day that you marked the Student General Session--these sections will be listed with PA in the title (ex.: NSO-0110-PA001). Click in the check box listed under the "Select" button.
- Indicate if you will be attending the complimentary lunch--this section has LU in the title (ex.: NSO-0104-LU001).
- Please make sure all selections for the same day.
- Scroll to the bottom and hit "Submit."
- This adds the session to your shopping cart. Under the “Action” column there is a drop box. Click Register for the section you added to your cart and go to the bottom of screen, *check “accept” after you have read the tuition & fees notice, and hit submit. The next screen will show you what you have registered for. You can print this page.
*Although you are required to check that you have read the tuition & fees notice before hitting submit, there is no fee or tuition cost associated with New Student Orientation.
If you have technical issues using myACCESS or setting up your account, please contact our Student Help Desk at 630-942-2999 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, call (630) 942-2141 (voice) or (630) 858-9692 (TDD).
New Student Orientation