What Does College of DuPage Define as a Leader?
Leadership is both situational and positional. Strong leadership is exemplified by characteristics of building relationships, communicating effectively, exhibiting visionary leadership, managing with courage and thinking strategically. These leadership characteristics are essential at every level and role within the College. Find more details about these College of DuPage success factors on the attached page.
What Current Opportunities is College of DuPage Providing for Its Leaders?
- For everyone - Leadership for Individual Contributors
- For Cabinet, Administrators and Managerial Staff - Leading Collaboratively into the Future (facilitated by the Center for Creative Leadership)
Leadership for Individual Contributors
Everyone is a leader – but not everyone sees themselves as a leader. This Spring term, the TLC is launching a series focused on expanding your skills as an individual contributor. Each session is 90-minutes long and will reference resources found in Lynda.com. Click here to find out more!
Leading Collaboratively into the Future
How do we best lead at College of DuPage? How do we make sure we are effectively working together to make change happen? In this session, participants will:
- Develop a deeper understanding and approaches for developing a collaborative culture.
- Identify the importance of giving and receiving feedback.
- Develop a deeper understanding and approaches for developing processes to maximize the success of collaborative teams, especially during times of complex and continuous change.
- Engage in learning tied to the College of DuPage Leadership Success Factors.
- Identify their individual preferences and interpersonal needs in relation to leadership and collaboration.
To find out more about the Center for Creative Leadership click here.
What Ongoing Opportunities is College of DuPage Providing for Its Leaders?
- Article discussions
- Book discussions
- Communication series
- Exploring Leadership cohorts
- From Continuous Feedback to Performance Evaluation Feedback course
- Managing with Courage course
- Your Leadership Journey series
- And more
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage