The Leadership Academy is a program that provides skill-building opportunities primarily for current and future leaders at College of DuPage. Eligibility for attending courses is based on current position and Supervisor approval.
The Academy also includes sessions on supervisory topics which provide information and tools to strengthen skills, and to better prepare supervisors to be successful in their roles.
Your Leadership Journey
This course will provide you with the information and resources to better equip you during this transformation. It will encourage you to think about the transitions that newer leaders face and how to handle those challenges. The topics for the training course are listed below:
- The Leadership Transitions - the stress of becoming a leader and some difficult "firsts"
- What's important - the value to seeing your team's work from three perspectives
- Be Authentic - leadership differentiators
- What will People Say - best practices of managing former peers
Leaders often need support in charting their course as they face the challenges of making transitions from other roles. This course will help build your confidence and success as you continue on your leadership journey.
Fall 2014 Events and Offerings:
The Fall of 2014 will offer leaders at College of DuPage a variety of opportunities to participate in different events and activities. Ranging from book discussions to webinars, the Leadership Academy has something for everyone.
- Communications 101 and 102 series
- Creating Strong Relationships
- Building Trust - Ken Blanchard
- Trust at Work: Four Keys to Building Better Work Relationships
TLC Sessions are now in Datatel and require myACCESS registration. To register for any TLC session, you must log in to myACCESS. Once you are logged in, follow the steps outlined in this job aid. If you need assistance, please contact the TLC at ext. 3805. Not all topics are offered each term, please check the TLC calendar for upcoming dates and times.
2014 College of DuPage