How Do I Apply
Whether or not this is your first time applying for financial assistance at College of DuPage, the process can be overwhelming. Before you begin the process, students do need to meet some Basic Eligibility Requirement, as far as citizenship, selective service, High School/GED information, etc. Students must also be enrolled in an eligible degree/certificate program at College of DuPage.
But, applying for financial assistance is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID, FSA ID.
- (If you are a dependent student - for financial aid purposes - one parent will also need to apply for a FSA ID)
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA. A FSA ID is required to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- Our school code is 006656
- Ideally, you should file your FAFSA as soon after October 1st as possible
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete their FAFSA at least 6 weeks before the semester begins..
- Complete your College of DuPage Admissions Application
- After submitting your FAFSA - provided you have completed your Admissions Application - we will receive your FAFSA results electronically in about 3 to 4 business days.
- Once your results have been received we will contact you directly through your COD email address. Based on your results, you may be required to submit additional verification documents.
- If you were not aware you had a COD email address, please click here to access your COD email.
- We will also update your myACCESS account to show what verification documents are required. This information will be listed in your myACCESS under myDocuments.
- If you have not set up your myACCESS, please click here to set up your myACCESS account.
- NOTE: All communication will be via your COD email address. It is your responsibility to check your COD email address regularly.
- Submit all requested verification documents to our office in a timely manner. Delays in submitting your verification documents may delay the processing of your award letter.
- Once all documents have been processed and reviewed by our office, you will receive another email - via your COD email address - notifying you of your award letter. The normal processing time is about 2 to 3 weeks. The processing time may be longer during peak times.
- Your award letter will be in your myACCESS account. We will not mail out your award letter. Your award letter will notify you of the types of financial aid you qualified for.
Financial Aid Tips
- Be sure you are checking your COD email and myACCESS regularly.
- If you have questions, we do have walk in representatives available Monday - Friday to help you with the process.
- When applying for scholarships, each scholarship will provide you with a list of eligibility requirements for that specific scholarship.
COD Financial Aid Checklist
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2220, (630) 942-2251
Fax: (630) 942-2151
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage