Scholars Award Program
The Scholars Award Program is College of DuPage's premier merit-based scholarship. The competition is fierce and a limited number of scholarships are awarded each year.
- 2016-17 Community College District 502 graduate
- Apply for admission to College of DuPage
- Submit a 500 word essay (topic given in application confirmation email)
- Have a minimum 3.5 GPA/4.0 scale, weighted or unweighted, OR a minimum 25 composite ACT score
Scholars Award Descriptions
Presidential Scholars Award
The Presidential Scholars Award covers up to 64 credit hours of in-district tuition. Fees and books are not covered. As part of the scholarship, the student is automatically enrolled in the College of DuPage Honors Program and the Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society. The $75 membership fee for Phi Theta Kappa is waived.
Board of Trustees Scholars Award
The Board of Trustees Scholars Award is a $2,500 award ($1,250 per semester). The scholarship can be applied to tuition only. Fees and books are not included. As part of the scholarship, the student is automatically enrolled in the College of DuPage Honors Program. This scholarship is renewable annually, up to four semesters.
Deans Scholars Award
The Deans Scholars Award is a $1,000 award ($500 per semester). The scholarship can be applied to tuition only. Fees and books are not included. As part of the scholarship, the student is automatically enrolled in the College of DuPage Honors Program. This scholarship is renewable annually, up to four semesters.
Process to Apply
- Complete application for admission to College of DuPage:
- Submit official ACT score
- Submit official current high school transcript (including 2016-17 schedule)
- Complete application for Scholars Award Program.
The deadline is now closed.
Students will be notified the week(s) of December 19, 2016 and April 17, 2017 of the award decisions.
Requirements to Maintain Scholarship
- Must be enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credit hours) pursuing a degree or certificate program
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA while at College of DuPage
- Complete a minimum of 15 credit hours of honors coursework, including an honors seminar
- Meet with an assigned academic advisor prior to registering for classes each semester
- Presidential Scholars Award Recipients Only: Complete 20 hours of approved volunteer service during the first year of the scholarship
All Scholars Award Program recipients will have their respective scholarship notated on the final transcript upon successful completion of all graduation and scholarship requirements.
NOTE:If a student fails to comply with the above requirements, the will no longer be considered a part of the Scholars Award Program. The student would then be responsible for payment, in full, of all tuition after that semester. Please note that the Scholars Award cannot be reinstated even should the student achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in the future.
- Shawn Wochner, Admissions and Outreach
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2207, (630) 942-2397
- Career Services
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258, (630) 942-2230
- Counseling & Advising Center
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200, (630) 942-2259
- Office of Student Financial Assistance
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2220, (630) 942-2251
- Honors Program Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 3533, (630) 942-3318
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage