Where Do I Begin
- Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Workshops & Events
- Where Do I Begin?
- Financial Aid Dates
- Financial Aid Types
- Payment Options
- Financial Aid Forms (2014-2015)
- Payment Plan FAQ
- Financial Aid Forms (2015-2016)
- Tuition and Fees
- AccelaPay Card
- Federal Stafford Loans
- Personal Finance
- Tuition & Aid Home
- Contact Information
- Scholarship Listing
Welcome to College of DuPage!
Hopefully, you have already completed the Admissions Process and are probably now thinking . . . How am I going to pay for this? And where do I start?
Those are probably two of the most asked questions by college bound students and their families. The first step in applying for any type of financial assistance at College of DuPage - whether it is grants, loans, scholarships*, work-study - is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid,FAFSA. Our Title IV school code is 006656.
The FAFSA is used to gather income, household, and asset information to determine a family's financial need. However, before you begin filing the FAFSA, students do need to meet some Basic Eligibility Requirements, as far as citizenship, selective service, High School/GED information, etc. Students must also be enrolled in an eligible degree/certificate program at COD. Students are strongly encouraged to apply as soon after January 1st to ensure maximum eligibility. Don't wait until the semester begins to start the financial aid process!!
* There are some scholarships that do not require the FAFSA to be completed. Each scholarship will provide you with a list of eligibility requirements. *
Ok, you have just filed your FAFSA . . . now what happens?
- After filing your FAFSA, the Office of Student Financial Assistance will receive your results electronically in about 3 to 4 days. Please Note: You must first be admitted to COD before we can receive your FAFSA information electronically.
- Remember, filing the FAFSA is only your first step! There will be more information that will need to be submitted before your financial aid award can be determined.
- When our office receives your results electronically, we will contact you via your COD email address to request additional information as determined by your FAFSA information. You may be selected for a process called Verification. All information being requested can also be viewed in your myACCESS under My Documents. It is the student's responsibility to check their COD email and myACCESS account regularly.
- Once all requested information has been submitted to our office, it will be about a 2 to 4 week processing time before your financial aid award letter can be viewed online through your myACCESS account.
You just viewed your award letter in your myACCESS . . . now what do you do?
Congratulations! You will want to make sure you read your award letter very carefully and that you:
- Understand your Financial Aid Awards
- Understand the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Register for classes and sign up on the Deferred Payment Plan, if eligible
- Attend one of our free, Let's Talk Money Information Sessions
- Are aware of upcoming financial aid dates for purchasing books, or receiving financial aid refunds
Office of Student Financial Assistance
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2220, (630) 942-2251
Fax: (630) 942-2151
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage