WE HAD A GREAT RUN!
A little rain could never dampen the spirits of runners, walkers and foodies at the final COD Food Truck Rally & Sunset 5K Saturday, Oct. 5. More than 2,300 guests enjoyed various cuisines from 15 food trucks, stage entertainment presented by COD professors and Glen Ellyn School of Rock, an expanded Touch-a-Truck lot, and the last ever Sunset 5K.
The best part is 15 Sunset 5K scholarship recipients were awarded full tuition toward Spring 2020 at COD with funds generously donated by race participants and corporate sponsors. Event organizers would like to thank the people who have gone above and beyond to make this event smooth and successful. It's nearly impossible to list all the ways more than 150 COD staff, faculty, students, and community volunteers have helped. Many have been involved all nine years!
A video of the day will be released soon, but check out the photos here.
College of DuPage Football Stadium (start/finish)
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Same course as 2018 (View map)
USATF certification #IL-15035-JW
Ample free parking will be available on the north side of campus off of Fawell Blvd. in lots A, B, and D. There will be plenty of volunteers and clear signage to direct you to the event from all parking areas.
The LAST year will be the BEST year! The sun is setting on the COD Food Truck Rally & Sunset 5K. To celebrate nine years of this very special event, we're offering a very special price. General registration has been rolled back to our inaugural price of $20 for a limited time. Make sure all your team members are registered! As always, there is no need to register for the race to enjoy the 15+ food trucks, but then you don't get a commemorative shirt.
General registration fee increases:
- $25 Sunday, Sept. 29 through Friday, Oct. 4
- $30 Race Day, Saturday, Oct. 5
The following fees remain the same through race day:
- $15: Kids (5-12) and Seniors (60+)
- $10: *COD Students
- Free: Kids 4 and under (no need to register)
- $5: 100-Yard Youth Dash
- $20: Ditching Class (Donation only; no 5K registration. Packet and t-shirt included with contribution)
*Upon student ID verification, the registrant will be contacted if an incorrect number was entered.
As of Sept. 14, the first 30 This Run's for Jack participants who are also registering for the COD Sunset 5K receive a discount of $5.00 toward the general registration category. Please email COD5K@cod.edu to receive the code.
Race Day Registration Info and Limitations
- Race Day registration fees may be increased.
- Online race day 5K registration closes at 3 p.m. Online race day Youth Dash registration closes at 2:45 p.m.
- Race day registrations after 3 p.m. are not guaranteed ranking.
- Onsite cash registration will not be available. You can register at the event, but it must be from a device with internet capability.
- Race day registrants are not guaranteed to receive a race packet, including official race tech shirt and drawstring backpack.
- All registration payments are final.
- No refunds will be processed unless a doctor's note specifically referencing a need to cancel registration for the College of DuPage Sunset 5K is submitted to COD5K@cod.edu by Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Registrations may be transferred to another individual for an Active.com fee.
- For assistance, call the Active.com Consumer Support line at (877) 228-4881, option 4.
OFFICIAL RESULTS WILL BE AVAILABLE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE EVENT.
Preliminary Live Timing Results Link: https://www.itsyourrace.com/results.aspx?id=1809
Live Age Group Results: https://www.itsyourrace.com/Awards.aspx?id=1809
If you notice a discrepancy regarding your Time, Gender, or Age Group, notify the timing company immediately in person or at J3Timing@gmail.com by midnight on race day for it to be cleared up before the official results are posted the following day.
- $100 Visa gift card for both Top Overall Male and Female (based on gun time)
- $100 Visa gift card for "Middle of the Pack" Winner (calculated after the final race participant crosses the finish line and will be the median time of the first and last finisher)
- Age Group Winners: The top three male and female winners of each age group category
will receive a fancy medal in their mailbox within two weeks of the event. Medals
will not be available on race day just in case there are discrepancies with preliminary
- Under 14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 & over
- Based on chip time.
- The Award Ceremony will take place on the Food Truck Rally stage at 6 p.m.
- The Top Overall Male and Female runners, the "Middle of the Pack" winner, in addition to teams and Youth Dashers.
- WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT and complete a W-9 per IRS guidelines to receive prizes.
- Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
NEW: Teams can have as many members as the Team Captain can wrangle. (No max as in previous years.)
- Teams are created at the time of race registration on Active.com, but if you have already registered and would like to now create a team, log in to Active.com and do so in "My Events".
- Members can be added or removed until 3 p.m. on race day on Active.com.
- Teams can be any combination of runners, walkers, strollers, kids, and seniors.
- Team captains can view rosters on Active.com after signing in.
For assistance, call the Active.com Consumer Support line at (877) 228-4881, option 4.
The winning team will be based on the average of the top three team members' times and announced at 6:00 p.m. from the Food Truck Rally stage. While there is technically no maximum number of team members, only up to eight from the fastest team will receive a $50 Whole Foods gift card.
Most Team Spirit
Know your audience! The Team Spirit competition will be judged from the Food Truck Rally stage during the Award Ceremony at 6 p.m. by audience enthusiasm based on team name, costumes, and props. Each member of the team dubbed "most spirited" will receive $10 in Food Truck Rally vouchers.
Each member of the team with the most race finishers will receive a $20 gift certificate to Naperville Running Company and a complete set of light-up accessories for visible bragging rights.
CREATE A TEAM
- The person designated as team captain enters the team name during self-registration. (Decide on the team name in advance to save time.)
- Team Captain has the option to require a password for others to join.
- It is suggested that the captain communicate with potential members that the team has been created and what the password is, if any.
- If you have already registered for the event and would like to now create a team, you may log in to Active.com and do so in "My Events".
JOIN A TEAM
- Search for and select the team name during self-registration.
- You may need a password if the team captain chose that setting.
Additional Teams Information
- Day of registration (online only) will be available for new teams or additional team members.
- Teams may have a free professional photo taken on race day near the start line, which will be emailed within one week of the event to Team Captains.
- Only teams with at least three (3) registered members with official times will qualify. If less than three (3) registered members, individual scores will still apply for age group awards.
- Must be present to receive awards.
- Fastest Team winners will not qualify for Top Overall Male or Female.
We feel so strongly about early packet pickup that we are offering opportunities to win prizes and Food Truck Rally vouchers at each location before event day.
- All registered 5K participants will receive a short-sleeved technical shirt. However, 5K registrations that come through on race day are not guaranteed a packet.
- An individual may collect packets for others as long as they pinky swear to not confuse bib numbers.
- We cannot swap shirt sizes until after packet pickup closes, which is anticipated to be 3 p.m. or later on race day.
Early Packet Pickup Parties!
Available only from the COD main campus during the following dates and times. Suggested parking is on the north side of campus in lot Fawell C.
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn
Student Resource Center, Room 2000 (Jack H. Turner Conference Center) MAP
- Wednesday, Oct. 2 (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Thursday, Oct. 3 (12 to 6 p.m.)
- Andy's Custard will be available for the first 200 people on Thursday!
ALL 5K REGISTRANTS RECEIVE:
- 8oz jar of Lekkco Chocolate
- Free kids' meal at Jason's Deli
- $5.00 gift card to CD One Price Cleaners
Race Day Packet Pickup
No prize wheel, though. (womp womp)
- 1 to 2 p.m.- Avoid packet pickup and food truck lines with a VIP pass through Groupon.
- 2 to 3 p.m.- Event is open for general admission at 2 p.m. and packet pickup/5K registration closes at 3 p.m. SHARP.
- 3 p.m. start time on football field
- Three age divisions (4-5, 6-7, and 8-9 years old)
- Participants will receive unchipped bibs.
- $25 Visa gift cards will be awarded to the fastest girls and boys in each age division
- Unofficially timed with stopwatches and eagle-eyed volunteers.
- Winners will be honored at 6 p.m. from the Food Truck Rally stage.
- Don't forget about the Touch-A-Truck and all the other free Kid Zone activities!
The Awards Ceremony will take place on the stage west of the Food Truck Rally at 6 p.m. Winners must be present and complete a W-9 per IRS guidelines to receive prizes. Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Top Overall Male and Female runners
- $100 Visa gift cards each
- "Middle of the Pack" winner
- $100 Visa gift card
- Fastest Team
- Up to eight from the fastest team will receive a $50 Whole Foods gift card
- Largest Team
- Each member of the team with the most race finishers will receive a $20 gift certificate to Naperville Running Company and a complete set of light-up accessories for visible bragging rights.
- Most Team Spirit Competition
- Judged by audience enthusiasm based on team name, costumes, and props. Each member of the team dubbed "most spirited" will receive $10 in Food Truck Rally vouchers.
- Six fastest Youth Dashers
- $25 Visa gift cards
- Smart TV, Vitamix, Crowne Plaza room package winners
Additional Race Details
- Gear Check will only be open 2:30 to 6 p.m.
- Walkers and strollers are welcome and will be asked to position themselves behind the runners at the starting line.
- Bicycles, in-line skates, other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs and strollers) are not allowed.
- This event will proceed rain or shine.
- College of DuPage is a tobacco-free campus.
- If you need special accommodations for the 5K Run/Walk, please e-mail COD5K@cod.edu or call Ami Chambers, race co-director, at (630) 942-3823. For Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, call (630) 942-2141 (voice) or (630) 858-9692 (TDD).
AID STATIONS AND COMFORT FACILITIES
There will be an aid station and two water stops along the course to ensure happy and safe participants. Really clean, newly renovated, and abundant restrooms are located within the Physical Education Center (PEC), adjacent to festivities.
- Those who already follow the event on Facebook will be eligible for the drawing (excluding previous winners).
- Winners will be notified via email or Facebook messenger depending on how they entered the drawing.
- Valid only for those 18 and older.
- Gift cards (i.e. vouchers) may be considered taxable income for COD employees.
- No award substitutions or cash equivalents.
For More Information: