The Big Day: Saturday, October 5, 2019
1 to 2 p.m.- Food Truck Rally VIP hour (Stay tuned for details!)
2 to 8 p.m.- Event open to public
3 p.m.- 100-Yard Youth Dash
4:30 p.m.- 5K Start
(Full schedule with entertainment will be announced soon and available here.)
LOCATION AND 5K COURSE
College of DuPage Football Stadium (start/finish)
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Same course as 2018 (View map)
USATF certification #IL-15035-JW
This is the LAST year, so let's make it the BEST year! The sun is setting on the COD Food Truck Rally & Sunset 5K. To celebrate nine years of this very special event, we're offering a very special price. General registration has been rolled back to our inaugural price of $20. Due to the popularity of this event, we reserve the right to cap registrations at any time. So mark your calendar, put together a team, and sign up! As always, there is no need to register for the race to enjoy the 15+ food trucks.
- General Registration- $20
- Currently Enrolled COD Students- $10.00
- Upon student ID verification, the registrant will be contacted if an incorrect number was entered.
- Seniors (60 and up)- Always $15.00
- Kids (ages 5-12)- Always $15.00
- Children 4 and under- No need to register unless timing is preferred.
- 100-Yard Youth Dash- Always $5.00
- Ditching Class- $20
- Donation only; no 5K registration
- Packet and t-shirt included with contribution; available at any packet pickup location
- All registration payments are final.
- No refunds will be processed unless a doctor's note specifically referencing a need to cancel registration for the College of DuPage Sunset 5K is submitted to COD5K@cod.edu by Friday, Oct. 4, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Registrations may be transferred to another individual for an Active.com fee.
- Online race day 5K registration closes at 3 p.m. 5K race day registrations after 3 p.m. are not guaranteed ranking.
- Online race day Youth Dash registration closes at 2:45 p.m.
- Onsite cash registration will not be available. You can register at the event, but it must be from your (or a friend's) device with internet capability.
- Race day registrants are not guaranteed to receive a race packet, including official
race tech shirt and drawstring backpack.
- $100 Visa gift card for Top Overall Male
- $100 Visa gift card for Top Overall Female
- $100 Visa gift card for "Middle of the Pack" Winner
See below for team awards.
NEW: Teams can have as many members as the Team Captain can wrangle. (No max as in previous years.)
- Teams are created at the time of race registration on Active.com, but if you have already registered and would like to now create a team, log in to Active.com and do so in "My Events".
- Members can be added or removed until 3 p.m. on race day on Active.com.
- Teams can be any combination of runners, walkers, strollers, kids, and seniors.
For assistance, call the Active.com Consumer Support line at (877) 228-4881, option 4.
The winning team will be based on the average of the top three team members' times and announced at 6:00 p.m. from the Food Truck Rally stage. While there is technically no maximum number of team members, only up to eight from the fastest team will receive a $50 Whole Foods gift card.
Most Team Spirit
Know your audience! The Team Spirit competition will be judged from the Food Truck Rally stage during the Award Ceremony at 6 p.m. by audience enthusiasm based on team name, costumes, and props. Each member of the team dubbed "most spirited" will receive $10 in Food Truck Rally vouchers.
Each member of the team with the most race finishers will receive a $20 gift certificate to Naperville Running Company and a complete set of light-up accessories for visible bragging rights.
CREATE A TEAM, the person designated as the team captain enters the team name during self-registration. (Decide on the name in advance to save time.)
- Team Captain has the option to require a password for others to join.
- It is suggested that the captain communicate with potential members that the team has been created and what the password is, if any.
- If you have already registered for the event and would like to now create a team, you may log in to Active.com and do so in "My Events".
JOIN A TEAM, search for and select the team name during self-registration.
Additional Teams Information
- Day of registration (online only) will be available for new teams or additional team members.
- Teams may have a free professional photo taken on race day near the start line, which will be emailed within one week of the event to Team Captains.
- Only teams with at least three (3) registered members with official times will qualify. If less than three (3) registered members, individual scores will still apply for age group awards.
- Must be present to receive awards.
- Fastest Team winners will not qualify for Top Overall Male or Female.
We feel so strongly about early packet pickup that we are offering opportunities to win prizes and Food Truck Rally vouchers through the use of new technology known as a prize wheel at each location before event day. All registered 5K participants will receive a short-sleeved technical shirt.
An individual may collect packets for others as long as they promise to not confuse bib numbers.
Dates and locations announced soon.
100-YARD YOUTH DASH
- 3 p.m. start time on football field
- Three age divisions (4-5, 6-7, and 8-9 years old)
- Participants will receive unchipped bibs.
- $20 Visa gift cards will be awarded to the fastest girls and boys in each age division
- Unofficially timed with stopwatches and eagle-eyed volunteers.
- Winners will be honored at 6 p.m. from the Food Truck Rally stage.
- Don't forget about the Touch-A-Truck and all the other free Kid Zone activities!
Ample free parking will be available on the north side of campus off of Fawell Blvd. in lots A, B, and D. There will be plenty of volunteers and clear signage to direct you to the event from all parking areas.
AID STATIONS AND COMFORT FACILITIES
There will be an aid station and two water stops along the course to ensure happy and safe participants. Really clean, newly renovated, and abundant restrooms are located within the Physical Education Center (PEC), adjacent to festivities.
ADDITIONAL RACE INFORMATION
- Walkers and strollers are welcome and will be asked to position themselves behind the runners at the starting line.
- Bicycles, in-line skates, other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs and strollers) are not allowed.
- This event will proceed rain or shine.
- College of DuPage is a tobacco-free campus.
- If you need special accommodations for the 5K Run/Walk, please e-mail COD5K@cod.edu or call Ami Chambers, race co-director, at (630) 942-3823. For Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, call (630) 942-2141 (voice) or (630) 858-9692 (TDD).
Score $10 in Food Truck Rally vouchers!
- Those who already follow the event on Facebook will be eligible for the drawing (excluding previous winners).
- Winners will be notified via email or Facebook messenger depending on how they entered the drawing.
- Valid only for those 18 and older.
- Gift cards (i.e. vouchers) may be considered taxable income for COD employees.
- No award substitutions or cash equivalents.
For More Information: