Accessing the System:
1. From your internet browser, type in the following URL: printcenter.cod.edu
2. Enter your single-sign-on ID and password (the same ID and password you use to access myAccess).
Completing your Profile:
1. The first time that you log in, you will be brought to the MY PROFILE page. Click on "View/Modify" to set up your profile.
If you are not brought to the MY PROFILE page when logging in for the first time, you can access it through the menu at the top of the screen.
2. Complete all information highlighted in red below. This information will be automatically attached to each order you place and only needs to be entered when setting up your profile.
For the following fields, enter the following data:
Location name: Enter the divisional office where you receive your mail. For example, IC2070 for the Part-time office, or Tech1061 for Business and Applied Technology in the Tech Building.
Company: Enter your department name.
Charge code: Enter your 16 digit account code in the following format using underscores and NOT hyphens: 12_12_12345_5909015. You must have a 16 digit account code to use Print Services services.
Click the SAVE button at the bottom of the screen. Once your profile is completed, you do not need to enter this screen unless changes to your profile are required.
Placing an Order Using Sure.pdf:
Please Note: These instructions are for installing the SurePDF print driver on personal
For instructions on installing the SurePDF print driver on College of DuPage Windows desktop computers, please use this link: COD SurePDF Driver
This method of placing an order is for use when you want to send your file as a .pdf; this method will allow you to see a preview of your completed document on-line. To use this option, you will first need to:
1. From your internet browser type in the following URL: printcenter.cod.edu
2. Click on Sure.pdf Users Click Here for Print Driver on the left of the screen.
3. Select your operating system, and save the file to your computer. Be sure to note where the file is being saved.
4. You will need to INSTALL the print driver before you can use it. Double click on the file that you saved and follow the prompts to install. The SurePDF printer driver will appear as "PrintCenter" in your drop down list of available printers in your print menu.
Once the "PrintCenter" print driver is installed, you can use it to turn any file into a .pdf document that can be previewed as you are placing your order. Simply follow these directions:
1. Open the document which you would like to have duplicated.
2. Click FILE—PRINT, and locate "PrintCenter" in the printer name drop down menu and select it. Click "OK" to continue.
3. Your document will be reformatted into a .pdf. This will take a moment, and will open in a new window; proof the .pdf file and click ACCEPT in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. The Print Services Online webpage will automatically open when you click the accept button.
4. When you see the log-in screen, input your log-in ID and password, and click LOG-IN.
5. Type in the New Order Name in the blank field, and click CONTINUE.
6. A new work order will open with the .pdf document already attached.
7. Continue with Step #2 of Placing an order Using a Native File to complete your order.
Placing an Order Using a Native File:
1. After you have set up your profile, each time you log in you will be brought to the FULFILLMENT screen. If you are not automatically directed to the FULFILLMENT screen when logging in, you can access it through the menu at the top of the screen.
If you are attaching an electronic file, click on BROWSE, locate and select your file. Confirm that the correct file name is noted under the File field, then click UPLOAD. A work order for that file will pop-up. Proceed to Step #2.
If you are placing an order without an electronic file (hard copy, thumb drive, CD, etc.), click on EXTERNAL SOURCE. A work order will pop-up.
2. Select Print Options as follows:
a. Item: This field is for the order name. If you are uploading an electronic file from your computer, the name of the file will appear automatically. If you are submitting a hard copy or other external source, you will need to enter a unique name that will easily identify this order (suggestion: use file name).
b. Pages: This is the number of pages in the document. If you used the SurePDF Print Services driver to print your document, the number of pages will automatically appear. If you are uploading a file or submitting a hard copy, you will need to enter the number of pages manually.
c. Select Print Options by clicking on the tabs next to Options. The Summary tab will provide a summary of selected options:
i. Print: select color/BW, 1 or 2 sided, and paper stock. Be sure to read the Copyright Agreement.
ii. Binding: choose binding options; click on Instructions to type special instructions
iii. Folding: select folding options.
iv. Covers: choose if you would like a Front or Back cover, paper stock, and which side, if any, should be printed.
v. Other: choose other available options such as cutting, drilling (hole punch), laminating, stuffing, and padding (please include # of sheets per pad).
vi. Tabs: select where to place tabs.
vii. Insertions: choose where to insert (i.e. blanks or pre-prints) and what stock to use.
viii. Exceptions: choose exceptions to paper stock, color, plex, etc.
3. The Recipients area is very important!
a. Quantity: the number of copies/prints you want made.
b. Due Date: the date you need the job. Time lets Print Services know if you need the job before noon (a.m.) or after noon (p.m.).
c. Ship To Location: select Hold for Pick-Up or choose a delivery location from the drop down menu.
4. Billing: the estimated cost, which is based on the options you have selected, will be reflected in the billing area; eliminating options may reduce your cost. To process your order you must check the "Approve" box next to the estimate. If you have input your charge-to account code on your Profile, this field will automatically populate; if you have not placed it in your profile, you will have to input the charge-to account code in the exact format as shown in the example.
For orders with an estimated cost of $60 or greater (based on the previous 2,000 copies limit), a budget approval is required before the job will be processed. When submitting jobs that exceed the $60 limit, your order will be automatically forwarded to the appropriate budget authorizer. The authorizer will receive notification that their approval is needed; the authorizer can log-in and approve the order on-line. Once the approval is processed, you will receive an e-mail advising the order has been approved, and the order will be transmitted to Print Services.
5. Click SUBMIT to submit your order to Print Services; click SAVE to save the order for later submission.
6. PLEASE NOTE: If you are submitting originals in a hard format (hard copies, CD, thumb drive, etc.), please print a copy of your order confirmation and attach it to the originals. This will ensure the work order and originals are matched accurately.
Checking the Status of your Order:
1. Click Order History from the Fulfillment page. You will see a listing of all of your orders; look under the Status heading to view the status of your order.
2. To Reorder additional copies, locate the original order and click on the corresponding REORDER button; update the quantity and submit the order.
If you need assistance setting up your profile, placing an order, or checking the status of an order, please call Print Services at (630) 942-2299.
We strongly encourage you to utilize PCO for all copy and print requests. While we will accept both paper and electronic work orders through the remainder of 2010, we will then transition to electronic submission of work orders only. We will provide terminals at each of Print Servicess so that if you prefer to drop-off your materials for copying, you can complete the work order on the system at that time.
Please feel free to call or come to Print Services during our business hours (Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) and we will be happy to assist you with the new system. Our goal is to improve your ability to quickly and easily submit your work requests, and your feedback on our new system will be very much appreciated!
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 0515
Phone: (630) 942-2299
Hours: Mon - Fri 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Martha Johnson, Supervisor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 0515A
Phone: (630) 942-2237
Maggie Ogrodny, Manager Campus Services
Institutional Resource Center (IRC), Room 1008
Phone: (630) 942-2773