- Completed in fall of 2011, this $25 million facility was funded through proceeds from a successful 2002 capital referendum.
- It is approximately 66,000 square feet.
- The HEC houses the college's Criminal Justice, Fire Science/EMS, Police Department and the Suburban Law Enforcement Academy.
- This comprehensive, multi-jurisdictional training center features
- A full-scale indoor street scene for force-on-force exercises
- Forensics and cybercrimes labs
- A command center designed to instruct National Incident Management System protocols
- A smoke room with moveable walls for EMS, fire rescue simulations
- An outdoor scaling and rappelling tower, and a full-size ambulance.
- COD is one of the few educational institutions in the U.S. selected to receive a relic from the Twin Towers following 9/11. The HEC has installed a permanent memorial to 9/11 that has as its focal point a ceiling beam from one of the buildings. The beam is 27" by 127" and weighs more than one thousand pounds.
- This facility places College of DuPage at the forefront of first responder training in the Midwest. Approximately 7,600 individuals are expected to receive training through the HEC annually.
Architect/Engineer: Legat Architects
Construction Manager: Power Construction Company