Tap into the wellspring of knowledge available right here at College of DuPage. The community benefits from the passion and experience of COD’s enthusiastic faculty, administrators and staff. Expertise is offered through the College’s Speakers Bureau and News Bureau.
Join College of DuPage experts at noon on Thursdays* as they head online to offer timely, thought-provoking content as part of the "Dialogue Over Distance" series. Presentations are offered initially as 15- to 30-minute Facebook Live events and archived on YouTube.
- Thursday, April 30: Impact of Coronavirus on the 2020 Election, David Goldberg, Ph.D.
- Thursday, May 7: China's Expanding Sphere of Influence, Maria Ritzema
- Thursday, May 14: Social Inequalities and COVID-19, Matthew Green
- Thursday, May 21: Global Chats - COVID-19 Healthcare Focus, Humanities professor Julia diLiberti, Biology professor Kathleen Finan, M.D., and Interim Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences Dilyss Gallyot, RN
- Thursday, May 28: Student Roundtable - The Big Switch (from in-person to online classes), facilitated by Dr. Peter James, Business professor
- Thursday, June 4: Global Chats - Japan's Response to COVID-19 and the 2020 Olympics, Shingo Satsutani, Ph.D, Language professor and vice president of the American Association of Teachers of Japanese
- Thursday, June 11: Preparing for Illinois' Worst Weather, Paul Sirvatka, Meteorology professor
*Schedule may vary and is subject to change.
The Speakers Bureau is a complimentary service in which dynamic educators engage with local organizations through in-person and virtual lectures, performances and discussions, providing a glimpse into the College's wide array of knowledge.
Recent presentations include History of Chicago Mayors, U.S.-Russian Relations, Film and the Oscars, Hardening Soft Targets, Cultural Storytelling, Immigration Debate via Social Media, Female Supreme Court Justices, and Storm Chasing.
The News Bureau promotes the College’s news, programs, students, faculty, events and thought leadership and is available to provide experts for commentary and analysis on trending topics.
If you are a media professional looking for an expert for a media piece, please contact News Bureau Manager Jen Duda at (630) 942-3097, firstname.lastname@example.org.