Complete the 2020 Census!
Every 10 years, the United States counts the people in the country. We call this process the Census. Every person living in the United States counts - babies, children, teens, adults, older adults.
Without a full count, Illinois cannot draw accurate maps, receive accurate funding from the federal government, and will lose representation in Congress.
College of DuPage is committed to ensuring all members of our college community are included in the 2020 Census count.
Every state gets one chance, once a decade, to get it right. This is our opportunity to work together with others across Illinois to ensure a fair and accurate count in the 2020 Census.
Due to COVID-19, the Census Bureau has extended the 2020 response period.
Count us in! Return your Census by September 30, 2020!
Links and Resources
- Student Leadership Council
- Census 101
- Census 101 (Spanish)
- Why We Ask
- Federal Laws that Protect Census Confidentiality
- U.S. Census Bureau: The 2020 Census and Confidentiality
- U.S. Census Bureau: The 2020 Census and Confidentiality (Spanish)
- 2020 Census Accessibility
- How Do I Respond to the 2020 Census and What Does it Ask Me?
- Debunking Citizenship Question Myths
- Why the Census Matters for LGBTQ People
- Why the Census Matters for Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Communities in Illinois
- 2020 Census and the Environment
- How the 2020 Census Counts People Experiencing Homelessness
- You can respond to the 2020 Census in Spanish
- The Future is in Your Hands
- On Campus or Off, it's Easy to Shape Your Future
- Everyone Off Campus Should Get in on the Census