- Monday, March 30, 2 to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, June 3, 9 to 11 a.m.
Location: SSG Robert J. Miller Homeland Security Education Center (HEC 1009)
ARE YOU PREPARED to respond to an act of violence on campus? In this interactive two-hour session you gain invaluable experience implementing the principles of RUN-HIDE-FIGHT, enhancing your survivability and the survivability of others. Through the use of short instructional periods and hands-on, dynamic training, this session leaves you feeling empowered and better prepared and increases your situational awareness, should you ever face a scenario of active violence.
In this session participants:
- Review RUN-HIDE-FIGHT.
- Participate in a Hide Scenario, utilizing barricading techniques.
- Participate in a Fight Scenario, utilizing threat-neutralizing tactics.
- Participate in a Personal Decision-Making Scenario, using information known about a threat to implement a personalized response, using the principals and techniques associated with RUN-HIDE-FIGHT.
Participants are asked to sign liability waivers.
Police Department Dispatch
Open 24 hours 7 days a week.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2100
Police Department Office
Robert J. Miller Homeland Security Education Center (HEC), Room 1040