Tutoring Services offers a wide variety of student success resources. Strategic Success Sessions are available for students to learn strategies to improve their skills in organization, time management, test taking, studying, and more.
Appointments are also available for students who wish to complete LASSI. The Learning and Study Strategies Inventory can help students identify and capitalize on their strengths and identify and target areas for improvement. The LASSI is a broad-based measure of strategic learning.
The following student success handouts merge best practices from LASSI and tutors regarding student success. To learn more or to complete LASSI make an appointment with a tutor.
Student Success handouts:
- Information Processing
- Selecting Main Ideas
- Test Taking
- Time Management
- Understanding Academic Resources
Troubleshooting Tidbits from Tutoring:
- Golden Rules of Accounting (ACCOU)
- Accounting Cycle (ACCOU)
- Entire Accounting Cycle (ACCOU)
- Economic Entities and Personal Liability (ACCOU)
- The Introductory Secrets of Accounting Courses (ACCOU)
- Predicting Rate Law Given a Table of Experiments (CHEMI)
- Present Perfect Continuous Verb Tense in English (ELA/ELS)
- Present Perfect in English - Part 1 (ELA/ELS)
- Present Perfect in English - Part 2 (ELA/ELS)
Learning Commons West
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1016B, (630) 942-3960
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance