The Global Perspectives Concentration allows you to meaningfully and deliberately choose your courses to expand your worldview by understanding the interconnectedness of peoples and systems, investigating the contributions of culture on your field of study, and exploring the influences of cultural diversity on the global community. Transfer schools, scholarship committees, and potential employers recognize the value of a global perspective. Add this concentration to your COD achievement to demonstrate your global mindset.
- Complete 15 credit hours of approved GP courses. These courses are chosen from existing Gen Ed and electives across numerous disciplines and will help fulfill degree requirements.
- Participate in at least eight Global Cultural Experiences of their choosing from events on campus and in the community.
- Curate a digital portfolio of artifacts documenting their courses and experiences.
- Complete a Capstone Reflection or Project.
Academic Achievement Recognition
- Students who complete the Global Perspectives Concentration with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and who maintain a “C” or higher in all Global Perspectives courses will receive a notation “Global Perspectives Concentration” on their official transcript and a pin to wear at graduation.
- Global Perspectives Scholar: Students who complete the Global Perspectives Concentration with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and a “B” or higher in all Global Perspective courses will receive a notation of “Global Perspectives Scholar” on their official transcript, a pin, and a special cord to wear at graduation.
Please make sure your internet browser is up to date.
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Field and Experiential Learning, Study Abroad and Global Education
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 3520
General inquiries: (630) 942-2356
Additional Contact Information