Adult Basic Education (ABE)
This free educational program designed for adults who lack a high school diploma. Classes meet three-to-six hours per week and are offered at locations throughout the district.
- Build reading, writing, math and problem-solving skills
- Take the first step toward obtaining high school equivalency
High School Equivalency (HSE)
These free classes prepare adults who lack a high school diploma to successfully pass the GED®, HiSet exam or TASC test and earn a high school equivalency certificate.
- Prepare in five areas covered on the tests: social studies, science, interpreting literature and the arts, mathematics and writing.
- Separate classes are available to prepare students to pass the U.S. and Illinois Constitution tests.
- Online classes are available to qualified students.
All students must take the TABE placement test and attend a short orientation/intake session prior to registration. Placement testing, orientation and registration take approximately 2 ½ hours. Children are not allowed in the testing room so please plan ahead.
Testing and registration is offered at the following locations. Please call specific location for hours of availability.
Glen Ellyn Campus
Addison Learning Commons
Carol Stream Learning Commons
Naperville Learning Commons
Westmont Learning Commons
Free GED® preparation classes prepare Spanish speaking adults who lack a high school diploma to successfully pass the GED® tests and earn a high school equivalency.
Registration is offered in class. Call (630) 942-3697 for more information.
To register or for detailed program information, call Adult Education at (630) 942-3697 or visit our office in the Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110. To view our complete program listing, see the Summer 2019 Continuing Education Schedule of Classes.
Adult Education and ELA Office
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110, (630) 942-3697
Fax: (630) 942-3804
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.