College of DuPage provides you with a comprehensive learning experience including lecture, laboratory skills review, reading assignments, reference materials, written assignments, pre- and post-clinical conferences and clinical practice skills review.
RN Refresher Course
- Eight weeks, Two-days a week; 4:30 to 9:30 p.m.:Classroom and simulation lab at College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn
- Five weeks, Two-days a week, 2:30 to 9:30 p.m.:Clinical experience
- Three weeks, Two-days a week, 2:30 to 11 p.m.:Clinical experience
Get on the interest list for the next session of RN Refresher for current information and dates!
RN Refresher Program Details
Our 16-week RN Refresher is intended for Illinois RNs who have not actively practiced in recent years, have an active Illinois RN license and wish to return to clinical practice. Theoretical and clinical foundations of nursing practice are reviewed and applied in didactic, lab and clinical settings.
The small class size (six students maximum) allows each student direct interaction with our MSN-prepared Nurse Educator and individualized attention for fine-tuning nursing skills.
The course meets two evenings per week for 16 weeks. The combined didactic/lab/clinical format provides a well-rounded experience designed to refresh skills and renew confidence.
- In weeks one through eight, students review, clarify and discuss selected topics in a lecture format in the classroom and college nursing laboratory, and practice specific course-related nursing skills in the lab.
- In weeks nine through 16, students administer nursing care to patients in the clinical environment.
Students must complete requirements prior to attending the clinical portion of the class. A health clearance, criminal background check, physical and drug screen are required. Students must provide proof of Illinois RN license, BLS (CPR) and health insurance coverage.
Contact hours are awarded upon completion of the classroom portion of the course.
To register, call Continuing Education at (630) 942-2208, email CE@cod.edu or register online. For detailed program information or to suggest a nursing or healthcare course, email email@example.com
Tuition and Financial Options
Payment is due at registration. A payment plan is available. Explore financial options for Continuing Education.
Contact Continuing Education
To register or for detailed program information, call Continuing Education at (630) 942-2208 or email CE@cod.edu. You may also register online. To view our complete program listing, see the Summer 2019 Continuing Education Schedule of Classes.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110, (630) 942-2208
Fax: (630) 942-3785
Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.