Are you ready to get started in your new career as a truck driver? Complete the steps below to register for an upcoming course. Once you have completed these four steps you will be well on your way to hitting the open roads!
Your first step is to schedule an appointment with a program coordinator to complete your application. You will learn key details about the program's pre-course requirements, upcoming information sessions and classes, the permit process, and receive guidance on what you will need to complete prior to acceptance in the program.
We will provide you with the CDL Study Guide and set up an appointment for you to take the practice tests for the General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Combination Vehicles exams.
Before beginning the program, you must have completed the following:
- Provide us with a copy of your current, valid Illinois driving license.
- Provide a copy of your Court Purpose driving record (available at any Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles office)
- Pass the DOT physical and drug screen (form will be provided to you by CDL Program Manager)
- Pass the three written exams at the Secretary of State’s office to obtain the Commercial
- General Knowledge
- Air Brakes
- Combination Vehicles
- Complete your application and registration forms and submit them to the COD Truck Driving School.
You must have your permit and DOT card prior to the first class.
We are happy to work with you on funding opportunities for your program, including WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) and payment plans. Additional fees not covered by tuition include $12 for your court purpose record and $50 for the CDL permit, both payable to the Secretary of State. If you apply for a Hazardous Materials endorsement, there is a fingerprinting fee of $86.50.
Explore financial options for Continuing Education programs.
College of DuPage Truck Driving School
301 S. Swift Road, Door 6
Addison, Illinois 60101-1495