COACH (Career Opportunity ACHievement) is a two-year cohort program for young adults with mild to moderate intellectual or developmental disabilities. In addition to an academic focus on reading, writing, math and computer literacy, COACH also promotes social skills, independence and career exploration.
COACH has been developed to provide post-transition students with engaging educational and life-skills training to help prepare for meaningful employment.
- Demonstrate basic reading and math skills
- Use technology effectively to support academic and career pursuits
- Explore career options to identify a career path
- Practice appropriate workplace behavior
- Participate in on-campus and off-campus job-shadow and internship placements to gain work experience
- Build social skills through interaction with peers and the college population at large
- Develop self-determination through peer mentoring and staff/faculty advisement
- Apply time management skills to effectively manage program expectations
Jonathan gets first-hand work experience in COD's greenhouse.
Mathias congratulates a classmate after the graduation ceremony.
Jackie and Julie are delighted to be a part of COACH's very first graduating class.
The COACH programming team with college President Dr. Caputo and their LERN International Programming award.
Brandon, Paul and Ashton celebrate their COACH graduation.
How to Apply
To apply for COACH, please submit a completed application, the most recent IEP and two letters of recommendation with at least one from a transition teacher or special education resource personnel. Letters of recommendation should be written by non-family members. Applicants will also complete an in-person interview independently with program staff and must be able to be independent on campus during the program. The application deadline for the fall 2022 cohort is Friday, May 13, 2022.
If at all possible, it is recommended that COACH applications and supporting documents be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If this method of exchanging information is not possible, please contact Tracy Kline, Program Coordinator, email@example.com or (630) 942-3779 to discuss alternative means of submitting application information.
Request More Information
Go to our General Information page to request more information.