Group of students sitting at a table talking

Enrollment Procedures

Prior to enrolling, you should meet with your high school counselor to discuss course options available to you through College Now. Once you have decided on the courses that best fit your college goals, you will need the appropriate permit code that will be given after you follow our enrollment process.  

COD offers a few ways to assist high school students in enrolling in College Now courses.

Email our Registration Services at to request permit information for College Now onboarding.
  • Call Registration Services at (630) 942-2377 to review College Now onboarding details.

Frequently Asked Questions

Certain classes such as English, Chemistry, Math, and Biology require students to either take a placement test and obtain a qualifying score or have a qualifying score from the SAT/ACT exam on file. Visit Testing for information about the placement test or submitting SAT or ACT scores.

Yes. Review our COD Registration webpage for the deadlines, enrollment process, and similar logistics by clicking on this link

You can drop your class online by logging into your myACCESS account as long as you do not have any registration holds. Go to Registration Information and Policies. Students cannot drop classes over the phone once the semester has begun.

Yes, to view the drop deadline dates for your specific classes log in to myACCESS. Under the Academic Profile heading, select My Class Schedule. The refund and withdrawal dates for each course will be listed next to each session.

You need to withdraw and will receive a ‘W’ on your COD transcript. Failure to drop your College Now course at COD will result in a grade of ‘F’ on your COD official College transcript. Refer to How to Drop a Course Online for step-by-step instructions.