College Now is the place to get a head start on your college experience. Earn college credit while still in high school through condensed and flexible course formats. Incoming high school juniors and seniors are eligible for this program. Our summer 2021 classes will be hosted online.
College Now Information Nights
- Check back soon for upcoming spring 2021 dates!
Before applying, be sure to check the requirements.
Step One - Apply
- If you have not previously taken College Now courses while in high school, you will need to apply for general admission. Select the term you plan to be taking courses (i.e., summer/fall term for the first semester or spring term for the second semester).
- You only need to apply once, so if you have already applied or taken College Now courses, skip this section and move to step two.
Step Two - Complete the Early Admissions Entrance Form
- Submit an Early Admissions Entrance Form for the semester you plan on attending. May is the deadline for enrollment in the summer term.
Step Three - Complete Your Placement Test (only if required)
- Placement testing/SAT scores are required for most College Now courses (e.g. English, math, science, etc.)
- If placement test/SAT scores are required, it is noted on the College Now schedule as a prerequisite.
- Not sure whether you need SAT scores or a COD placement test? Contact the Testing Center
- Helpful tip: Planning on enrolling in a higher-level language course like English or Spanish? Submit your high school transcripts if you have taken the first levels of the language at your high school.
Step Four - Enroll
- Meet with our Early Admissions team after you had a conversation with your high school counselor.
- View the College Now class schedule and select the course you wish to enroll.
- Enroll by phone with our Registration office or email firstname.lastname@example.org and request information for College Now.
Step Five - Pay
Frequently Asked Questions
Our staff is here to help. Contact the College Now Program Assistant at (630) 942-2208 or by email at email@example.com.
- March 15 for the Summer semester
All College Now courses will receive a grade on your official COD transcript.
For information on how the course grade will be calculated, check with your College Now instructor and review your course syllabus carefully.
Go to Transcript Order Form to request your COD transcript to be sent anywhere. Transcripts can be sent back to your high school or to any college, university or person you choose. It is a safe, fast and easy way to order and send your transcript.
Helpful Tip: College Now grades are posted in the COD student portal. Both require a secure login.
Be sure to select the “Hold for posting of current term grades” option when ordering your College Now transcript to be sent at the end of the semester.
If you are interested in transferring COD credit to another university or institution, visit Transfer Services.
If you are interested in transferring to a university in Illinois, you may also visit iTransfer for updated transfer courses.
COD is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, please call (800) 621-7440 for more information.
At some colleges, if you have earned 12 or more college credits, your college GPA rather than your high school GPA may be used in awarding scholarships.
It is also possible that your scholarship or financial aid could be impacted if you drop College Now classes. For further information, contact the Financial Aid or Scholarships office at the college or university you plan to attend.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, also known as FERPA, protects the privacy of students' education records and applies to all schools receiving funds under the U.S. Department of Education.
If a student is attending a college credit course — College Now — FERPA rights to the college records transfer to the student. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact our Office of Student Records at
Student Records: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: (630) 942-3838
FAX: (630) 942-3693
At this time College Now is only open to students entering their junior of senior year of high school. Contact the College Now staff for more information at (630) 942-2208
Faculty members for each course will determine the attendance requirements for that class and it will be outlined in the student's syllabus.
Helpful Tip: Plan to read through the course syllabus carefully for all classroom policies and assignments.