Enhance passion and performance through Talent Search courses. The Talent Search program at College of DuPage provides challenging academic experiences that enhance the achievement of academically gifted students in grades three to eight. Courses are designed to complement coursework anticipated at higher levels, cover an extended range of topics and use innovative approaches to learning.
Talent Search courses are not eligible for school credit. Students must be approved by the Continuing Education Office prior to registration.
Popular Offerings Include
- Engineering Fundamentals
- Climate Detectives
- Geometric Connections
- Computer Animation
- Jump Start Trigonometry
- Persuasion and Debate
- Science Fiction Writing
- Intro to Java Programming
Students scoring at the 90th percentile or higher on an appropriate standardized test are eligible to participate in Talent Search courses. Accepted tests include PARCC, Iowa, Map, CogAT and most standardized tests administered in local school districts.
How to Register
Students must have a copy of their standardized test scores on file in the Continuing Education Office before registration. New Talent Search students are required to send a copy of their standardized test via email. Previous Talent Search students may call (630) 942-2208 to verify previous test scores' eligibility or submit new test scores.
- Determine which Talent Search courses your student is interested in taking. See the Schedule of Classes linked at the top of the page for a full list of course offerings.
- Obtain a copy of the student's standardized test scores that clearly displays their name, the date the test was taken and the score that they received. For approval, the student's score must be in the top ten percent for their grade level and the test must have been taken within the previous two school years.
- Email CE@cod.edu requesting approval for the Talent Search program. Include the student's name, grade level and list of interested courses (titles and course codes) and attach a copy of their standardized test score.
- A staff member will evaluate the student's eligibility and will respond within two
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110, (630) 942-2208
Fax: (630) 942-3785
All COD facilities are closed to the public until further notice. If you are attempting to register for a class, Please leave a message and Continuing Education staff will return your call as soon as possible. You can also reach us by email at email@example.com at any time.