Virtual Online Assistance is available for Math Assistance; Tutoring; and Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance. Online assistance enables students to join a tutoring session using audio, video, screen sharing and chat. Online assistance is only available to currently enrolled COD students.
Using Blackboard Collaborate for Math Assistance
Students can work with a tutor immediately or ask for a virtual study room to work on their own or with a group.
- Log in to the Math Assistance organization at bb.cod.edu.
- Click the green "Math Assistance LIVE!" button to video chat with a Math Assistance staff member.
Using Blackboard Collaborate for Tutoring Drop-in Sessions
Blackboard Collaborate is used for drop-in tutoring.
- Log in to the "Tutoring Services Organization" to access free online tutoring services.
Blackboard Collaborate Requirements
In order to use Blackboard Collaborate, students must have:
- A device with a camera and microphone – like a smartphone, computer or tablet.
- An up-to-date web browser – Google Chrome is recommended. A plug-in may need to be downloaded with other browsers.
- A login for COD's Blackboard.
Using Virtual Sessions for Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance
- Directions for an online appointment
- Directions for an email coaching appointment
- Directions for a GoReact© appointment (check with your instructor first to see if this is an option for your class)
Register for an account and schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (630) 942-3355 to learn more.
Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance