Likely Required Courses
Contact prospective institutions early for specific requirements.
- Biology 1151, 1152
- Chemistry 1551 (Math 1431 or equivalent needs to have been taken prior to enrollment in Chemistry 1551) and 1552 (inorganic). Chemistry 2551 and 2552 (organic) may be required.
- Trigonometry and Calculus Math 1432 and 2231. Additional math may be required. Prerequisites to Math 2231 in sequence are Math 1431 and 1432. Statistics (Math 1435) may be required.
- Anatomy and Physiology 1571, 1572
- Physics 1201, 1202
Physical Therapy School Admission
Entrance to physical therapy program is very competitive and usually demands a bachelor’s degree prior to admission. Some schools offer a 3+3 program where the student takes three years of specific pre-physical therapy coursework, followed by three years of a professional physical therapy program. Applicants need current certification in first aid and CPR, knowledge about the American Physical Therapy Association and documented observation, volunteer and/or paid internships. Please confirm that the physical therapy program is accredited.
Physical Therapy Schools in Illinois
- Bradley University, 1501 W. Bradley Ave, Peoria, IL 61625
- Governors State University, Department of Physical Therapy, College of Health Professions, University Park, IL 60466
- Midwestern University, 555, 31st St., Downers Grove, IL 60615
- Northern Illinois University, Office of Admissions, DeKalb, IL 60115
- Northwestern University, Physical Therapy, Medical School, 345 E. Superior St., Room 1323, Chicago, IL 60611
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, Physical Therapy Program, School of Related Health Sciences, 3333 Green Bay Rd., N. Chicago, IL 60064
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Dept. of Physical Therapy, College of Associated Health Professions, 1919 W. Taylor, Chicago, IL 60612
Visit the American Physical Therapy Association for a current list of accredited physical therapy programs in the United States.
Dr. Tara Leszczewicz, DPT