The Wedding Planning Management certificate will concentrate on the planning of a wedding and follow through to the implementation of the event. The certificate will highlight the history of marriage, cultural and ethnic diversity in weddings, consumerism, venues, destination weddings, and stress management. Students will apply this learning through a business plan, marketing strategies, and client relations. This is an accredited certificate.
Objectives of Certificate:
- Describe history of wedding ceremonies
- Explain evolution of wedding event industry
- Explain roles of wedding planners
- Develop skills for wedding design, planning, and implementation
- Evaluate trends and best practices in wedding planning
- Describe business planning, marketing strategies, and client management
- Implement business plan to include marketing strategies and client management
The course meets Tuesdays from 4 to 7:50 p.m. for 16 weeks. This course starts at the beginning of the semester, typically the middle to end of August and the middle to end of January. See College of DuPage Academic Calendar located on the college's website.
This certificate requires a minimum of 10 credits in the courses listed below. Please meet with a Faculty or Program Advisor to discuss the details.
Consider joining or visiting with a professional, cultural or interest-based Student Club. If you have any questions about the certificate requirements, please contact a Faculty or Program Advisor to discuss the details.
|HOSP 2256||Wedding Planning Management||4|
Total Credits: 4
Laura Lerdal, Culinary Market and Lab Coordinator, (630) 942-2359
Anna Gay, Program Support Specialist, (630) 942-2502
Jim Mulyk, Chair, Hospitality, (630) 942-6429
Arts, Communication, and Hospitality Division
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 219, (630) 942-2048