Every successful business uses the services of advertising agencies, graphic designers,
and illustrators to promote and inform in today's global economy. Graduates of the
Graphic Design degree or certificate programs find work in advertising agencies, design
studios, in-house corporate design/promotion departments, or as freelancers, handling
a variety of creative projects and campaigns.
Recent studies indicate that the outlook for advertising, graphic design and related activities is excellent. The field is considered to be one of the top 25 occupational choices.
Major Employment Areas
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Creative Director
- Art Director
- Senior Designer
- Package Designer
- Layout Artist
- Computer Artist
Marketability is determined by the creativity and quality of work exhibited in the graduate's portfolio. The Graphic Design program at College of DuPage guides students toward building a successful portfolio. The program serves high school graduates, persons seeking to make career changes, professionals who are upgrading or adding to their job skills, and those who seek personal enrichment by developing their artistic talents.
Students who complete an Associate in Applied Science degree can seek immediate employment or can continue their education by taking advantage of articulation agreements with Columbia College in Chicago, or Robert Morris College in Chicago and Aurora. These agreements allow students to begin their studies at College of DuPage and complete a bachelor's degree at one of these well-respected schools.
Graphic Design coursework includes study in graphic design, illustration, typography, web design and advertising. Great facilities such as Macintosh-equipped computer design studios, with the latest design and illustration software and color printers, allow students to develop professional quality portfolios. With great curriculum, award-winning teachers and great facilities, Graphic Design is among the best in community college graphic design programs in the Midwest.
Please consult a faculty member listed below before beginning your coursework.
- Graphic Design, Associate in Applied Science
- Interactive Media, Associate in Applied Science (see page 4 of PDF)
When planning your coursework, use the Student Planning Worksheet.
View information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.
- Blevins, Brian - Associate Professor, email@example.com, MAC 255A, (630)942-3415.
- Buffington, Beth - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Callegari, John - Professor, email@example.com, MAC 252A, (630)942-3418.
- Chan, Wylie - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chen, Jenny - Laboratory Assistant II-Graphic Design, email@example.com, MAC 250A, (630)942-3158.
- Clayton, Ryan - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hillock, Elisa - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, email@example.com
- Infelise, Peter - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly, Thomas - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, email@example.com
- Lyman, Kirk - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mory, Zachary - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, email@example.com
- Mullarkey, Kimberly - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org, (630)942-4444.
- Nauman-Mikulski, Julie - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, email@example.com
- Oei, David - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rado, Alan - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, email@example.com
- Rogers, David - Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, MAC 259A, (630)942-3029.
- Schneider, Brandon - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, email@example.com
- Sobol, Andrew - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ursulesku, Mirjana - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, email@example.com
- Voelker, Edward - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wadhwa, Gautam - Associate Professor, email@example.com, MAC 257A, (630)942-2082.
- Zuniga, Tracy - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gautam Wadhwa, Coordinator
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 257A, (630) 942-2082
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 255A, (630) 942-3415
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 252A, (630) 942-3418
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 259A, (630) 942-3029
Jenny Chen, Laboratory Assistant
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 250A, (630) 942-3158
Glenn Glinke, Program Support Specialist
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 169, (630) 942-2892
Arts, Communication, and Hospitality Division
Charles Boone, Dean
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06, (630) 942-2048