If you are considering this program as an area of study, please contact a faculty member.
Faculty and Staff
- Balestri, Frank - Instructor, email@example.com, TEC 1058, (630)942-3498.
- Clement, Brian - Assistant Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, TEC 1059, (630)942-2526.
Brian Clement graduated from Illinois State University with a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Education and earned his Master of Science degree in Agricultural Education from Iowa State University. Brian has taken additional course work in engineering at Milwaukee School of Engineering. Brian's work experience includes working on the family farm and in the construction industry, teaching Middle School and High School Agriculture in Astoria for six years, and teaching horticulture and engineering at Technology Center of DuPage in Addison for seven years. Brian taught part-time for College of DuPage starting in 2007 before becoming full time in 2014.
He teaches HORT 1100 Introduction to Horticulture, HORT 1112 Landscape Maintenance, HORT 1113 Landscape Construction, HORT 1151, 2-Cycle Small Engine Repair and Maintenance, HORT 1152, 4-Cycle Small Engine Repair and Maintenance, HORT 2211 Computer-Aided Drafting for Landscape Design, HORT 2212 Advanced Computer-Aided Drafting for Landscape, HORT 2213, 3-D Landscape Design, HORT 2214 Advanced 3-D Landscape Design, HORT 2231 Turf Science and Management, HORT 2212 Advanced Computer Aided Drafting for Landscape. Brian was named College of DuPage's Overall Outstanding Part-Time Faculty Member for 2012-2013.
He sits on the Illinois Landscape Contractor's Education Committee, the DuPage County Farm Bureau Agriculture Coalition Board, and is Chair of the Illinois State Landscape Design Contest for high schools and colleges across the state. He is active in various professional organizations including the Illinois Landscape Contractors Association, Illinois Green Industry Association and NALP Professional Landcare Network. He is also in charge of taking students from the department to the NALP Student Career Days competition each year, a three-day competitive event among students enrolled in horticulture programs from over 70 colleges and universities across the country. Students compete in events that are directly related to the skills necessary for a career in the landscape industry. Brian can be reached at (630) 942-2526 or email at: email@example.com.
Frank Balestri graduated from Illinois State University with a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with a focus in Horticulture and Landscape Management and earned his Master of Science degree in Horticulture from Iowa State University. Frank's experience includes working at nurseries and public gardens. Following graduate school, he worked as a Collections Specialist at the Chicago Botanic Garden before accepting a position as plant health care technician and research assistant at The Morton Arboretum in 2016. While in the Plant Pathology Lab at Morton Arboretum, Frank served as a diagnostician for plant problems on the grounds and overseen the Plant Health Care Scouting Program. Additionally, he also has served as an adjunct faculty member for the Master of Landscape Architecture program at Illinois Institute of Technology and has attained the accreditation of an ISA certified arborist.
He teaches HORT 1100 Introduction to Horticulture, HORT 1101 Soils and Fertilizers, HORT 2304 Hydroponics, HORT 2244 Herbaceous Perennials, HORT 2221 Plant Propagation, and HORT 2242 Landscape Plants II. Frank can be reached at (630) 942-3498 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Martin Bartz graduated from Harper College with an Associates Degree in Applied Science, along with 5 Horticulture Certificates. Marty’s work experience in the horticulture industry includes Nursery Manager at Geimer’s Greenhouse, Assistant Manager of St. Aubin Nursery and Grower/Yard Supervisor at Rocco Fiore and Sons, Inc. Since 2013 Marty is the Horticulture Lab Technician/Grower in the Horticulture Department. His responsibilities include both growing in the Greenhouse and maintenance/development of the Landscape Lab.
Marty is an advisor for the Horticulture Club. He is also in charge of taking students from the department to the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) Student Career Days competition each year, a three-day competitive event among students enrolled in horticulture programs from over 70 colleges and universities across the country. Students compete in events that are directly related to the skills necessary for a career in the landscape industry. Marty can be reached at (630) 942-3807 or email at email@example.com.
Amy Hull graduated from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign with a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Science and a Bachelor of Science in Ornamental Horticulture. She has worked at both wholesale and retail horticultural companies including retail garden centers and greenhouses. She has been a Part-Time Faculty Member of the Horticulture Department at College of DuPage since 1992. Amy was awarded the Outstanding Part-Time Faculty Award in 2001.
She teaches HORT 1100 Introduction to Horticulture, HORT 1110, Applied Plant Taxonomy, HORT 2255 Greenhouse Crop Production, and HORT 2257 Bedding Plant Production. Since October 2012, Amy is the Greenhouse Supervisor at College of DuPage. Amy can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 942-3806.
Part-Time Horticulture Faculty
We are proud of the level of industry participation we are able to offer our students. Industry leaders share their expertise as guest speakers, field trip hosts and adjunct faculty. This offers our students the opportunity to learn current issues, trends and techniques in each discipline. Our part-time faculty members also serve as valuable contacts and resources for our graduates.
- Actis, Armando - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Arnold, Amanda - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barrett, Jason - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Battistoni, Kevin - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bending, Christine - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Berg, Jean - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bidlingmeyer, Shawn - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Bock, Philip - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cammarata, Lawrence - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Conway, Padraig - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danielson, Donna - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Davis, Blake - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diblik, Roy - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com, (630)942-2800.
- Dumas, Jeffery - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dvorak, Maria - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Goss, Kevin - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamrick, Robert - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com, (630)942-2800.
- Heitman, Ryan - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Henderson, Todd - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Hisson, Donna - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kamps, Ellen - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Kleinwachter, James - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org, (630)942-2800.
- Kollmeyer, Connie - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- McGarrity, Thomas - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rooney, Chelsi - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Stewart-Pyziak, Marcy - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talapatra, Vallari - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
- Trendler, Jodi - Adjunct Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walden, Denise - Adjunct Faculty, email@example.com
For any questions or comments, complete and submit our inquiry form.
Brian Clement, Program Chair/Associate Professor/Advisor
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1059, (630) 942-2526
Frank Balestri, Instructor/Advisor
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1058, (630) 942-3498
Amy Hull, Greenhouse Supervisor
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 0026, (630) 942-3806
Martin Bartz, Horticulture Lab Technician/Grower
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 0025, (630) 942-3807
Teresa Dietz, Program Support Specialist
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1008, (630) 942-3997
Peter Deeman, Program Advisor
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1047, (630) 942-2548
Molly Devine, Student Success Specialist - Navigator
Center for Student Success, SRC 1144, (630) 942-3559
Business and Applied Technology Division
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1034, (630) 942-2592