The Human Services program at College of DuPage is dedicated to providing quality instruction and in-depth clinical training for individuals interested in serving and assisting people in the areas of Addictions, Applied Gerontology, Corrections, Developmental Disabilities, Domestic/Family Violence, Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Residential Child Care. All programs are approved by the Council on Standards in Human Services education. In addition to certificate or degree options, many working professionals choose to complete Human Services coursework at COD for Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Students who graduate from COD Human Services programs are prepared to enter the workforce in entry-level positions or transfer their credits to baccalaureate-granting institutions for advanced education and training. To assist in the transfer process, we have formed an agreement with National Louis University to offer a "seamless" transfer of credits for students who want to earn their baccalaureate degrees.
These programs expose students to comprehensive theoretical instruction as well as expert clinical training and practical experience. The Human Services faculty is comprised of psychologists, social workers, licensed counselors and marriage/family therapists who share their specific training and experiences with students.
Accredited by the Council for Standards in Human Service Education
Accredited by the Illinois Certification Board
View information about this program, including estimated cost and employment opportunities.
- Addictions Counseling
- Applied Gerontology
- Corrections Counseling
- Developmental Disabilities
- Domestic Violence Counseling
- Human Services Generalist
- Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Residential Child Care
- Veterans Counseling
- Allen, David - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athar, Naveeda - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, email@example.com
- Coutts, Trudi - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cruz, Elizabeth - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, email@example.com
- Draut, Laura - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Florin, Jason - Associate Professor, email@example.com, BIC 2536C, (630)942-2043.
- Long, Linda - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mulcahy, Mary - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, email@example.com, (630)942-2800.
- Nonnie, Christopher - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oleck, Joseph - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, email@example.com
- Polites, Andrea - Associate Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, BIC 2536A, (630)942-2103.
- Rennard, Donna - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, email@example.com
- Robertson, Deborah - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rogers, Regina - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, email@example.com
- Sewick, Bruce - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stamas, Tom - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, email@example.com
- Trytek, Julie - Assistant Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org, BIC 2536B, (630)942-2328.
- Wadhwa, Serena - Adjunct Faculty Non Codaa, email@example.com
- Zaino, Louis - Adjunct Faculty Codaa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Polites, MSW, LCSW, ICDVP, CADC, Coordinator
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2536B, (630) 942-2103
Jason Florin, MHS, CAADC, MISA I, SAP, Associate Professor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2536, (630) 942-2043
Julie Trytek, LCPC, CADC, Assistant Professor
Berg Instructional Center (BIC) 2536, (630) 942-2328
Human Services Adjunct Faculty
Kelly A. Lidinsky, Program Advisor
Human Services Programs
Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services
Direct line: (630) 942-3248
For appointments, contact Counseling & Advising
Human Services Office
The Human Services program office is located on the second floor of the Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2536.
Social/Behavioral Sciences and the Library Division Office
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2E06