Manufacturing Technology Program graduates will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic OSHA requirements, general shop safety, and machine tool safety procedures
- Interpret basic part prints and/or technical drawing including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD & T) and apply the information as it relates to gauging, dimensioning, and tolerancing.
- Apply a working knowledge of basic measuring and inspection tools and use appropriate measuring devises to confirm a part’s compliance to required specifications including GD&T symbols.
- Perform mathematical calculations that result in production parts that meet specific industry standards and specifications.
- Demonstrate entry-level skills to setup and operate machine tools.
- Interpret CNC G & M code programs and apply editing procedures as needed.
- Use basic communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) to understand technical manuals and written work instructions while interacting within a team/group environment.