Surgical Technology Program graduates will
- Correlate the knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and microbiology to their role as a Surgical Technologist.
- Demonstrate a safe and professional level of practice and knowledge in their role as a Surgical Technologist.
- Acquire an understanding of the ethical, legal, moral, and medical values related to the patient and the surgical team during the perioperative experience.
- Correlate the elements, action, and use of medications and anesthetic agents used during the perioperative experience
- Implement safe practice techniques in regards to perioperative routines, patient transportation, positioning, and emergency procedures.
- Integrate principles of surgical asepsis as part of the perioperative experience.
- Accurately apply knowledge and skills of a professional Surgical Technologist to address the biopsychosocial needs of the surgical patient.
- Perform proficiently and competently as an entry-level surgical technologist in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective learning domains
- Value the professional attributes of the Surgical Technologist