Students who complete courses in Theater Arts will
- Develop a broadened understanding of the art of theater, awareness of its wide range of disciplines, realizing the importance of each to the whole, and its relationship with the other liberal arts.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek advanced study and/or achieve an entry-level position in theatrical venues and/or transfer into another field of study, integrating the collaborative and highly disciplined practices derived from the study of theater.
- Integrate critical thinking skills, applying theater techniques and experiences, to explain themselves more articulately in oral and/or written discussion.
- Integrate or demonstrate through observation, imagination, collaboration, preparation and communication the ability to use the tools and equipment basic to the realization of a unified theatrical approach.
- Develop and defend informed judgments about performance and production.
Connie Canaday Howard, Chair and Professor, Theater
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 186C
Phone: (630) 942-2137
Amelia Barrett, Professor
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 186D
Phone: (630) 942-2100
Lisa Saltiel, Program Support Specialist
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), BIC 2E07B
Phone: (630) 942-3303
Arts, Communication, and Hospitality Division
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 219, (630) 942-2048