Students who complete courses in Theater Arts will
- Develop a broadened understanding of the art of theater, awareness of its wide range of disciplines, realizing the importance of each to the whole, and its relationship with the other liberal arts.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek advanced study and/or achieve an entry-level position in theatrical venues and/or transfer into another field of study, integrating the collaborative and highly disciplined practices derived from the study of theater.
- Integrate critical thinking skills, applying theater techniques and experiences, to explain themselves more articulately in oral and/or written discussion.
- Integrate or demonstrate through observation, imagination, collaboration, preparation and communication the ability to use the tools and equipment basic to the realization of a unified theatrical approach.
- Develop and defend informed judgments about performance and production.
Amelia Barrett, Chair and Professor, Theater
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 186D
Daniel Millhouse, Assistant Professor
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 186C
Lisa Saltiel, Program Support Specialist
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), BIC 2E07B
Arts, Communication, and Hospitality Division
McAninch Arts Center (MAC), Room 219