student taking a test in the testing lab

Placement Testing

Register for a Placement Test 

Placement Policies and Procedures

Do you need to take a Placement Test?

  • Check the course catalog to see if your courses require a placement test score. 
  • Learn about alternative ways to satisfy placement requirements by clicking on the placement test links below.
  • If you took ACCUPLACER Reading, Writing, or ELS placement tests at another institution you may be able to use them. A Placement Testing Transfer Form must be submitted.
  • Health Science program students may be required to take placement tests regardless of exemptions. See program packet for details.
  • Engineering Pathways students are required to take the Math placement test. Students will also need to take a Reading and Writing placement test unless they have a qualifying ACT or SAT score. 

Getting Started with Placement Testing

  1. Learn more about placement requirements:
  2. Prepare for your Placement Test:
  3. Complete Placement Requirements:
  4. Math Placement 
  5. Reading and Writing Placement
  6. ELS Reading and Writing Placement
  7. If Accommodations are needed:
    • Alternate versions of the Reading and Writing placement tests are available for students with disabilities.
    • Prior to testing, students must submit appropriate documentation of their disability to the Center for Access and Accommodations.
  8. Meet with an Advisor: 

College of DuPage placement test scores can be sent to other institutions for a fee. A Placement Test Score Release Form must be submitted. Please verify with your institution if placement test scores from another institution will be accepted.

Contact Information

Academic Testing Center, Glen Ellyn - Main Campus
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2A06,

Specialized Testing Center, Glen Ellyn - Main Campus
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2A08,