The Education 3+1 programs with Valley City State University is a great way to continue your education. Students are required to complete an Associate in Arts (AA) degree at College of DuPage in order to be eligible for any of the programs.
Before you Begin
College of DuPage maintains an open enrollment policy. To attend, you must be ONE of the following:
- 18 years of age
- A high school graduate
- A GED completer
Advising Sessions are a great opportunity to meet the Valley City State University representative who can answer questions about the sEducation program. Sessions are offered throughout the semester. If you cannot attend any of the offered sessions, you may contact the representatives directly via the contact information at the bottom of this page.
All College of DuPage coursework throughout the program is offered at the tuition rate at the time of enrollment. All Valley City State University coursework is offered at the tuition rate at the time of enrollment at Valley City State University.
Once you are ready to get started, follow the steps below
- Get Admitted - Click on the "Apply Now" icon above or visit the Office of Admissions and Outreach located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 2207, (630) 942-2626. Fill out the admission form with the admission fee to receive your College of DuPage identification number. Visit the Admissions Policies page for application fee information.
- Financial Assistance - Visit the FAFSA website to determine what you may be eligible for in terms of federal grants or loans. Direct your questions to the Office of Student Financial Assistance located in the Student Services Center (SSC), room 2220, (630) 942-2251.
- Create your myACCESS Account - After you receive your College of DuPage ID number you can use it to create your student online account. Go to myACCESS and select "I'm New to myACCESS." Your myACCESS account will allow you to view your student profile, search and register for classes, check on your financial aid status, pay for classes and much more. If you have any technical issues viewing or accessing the myACCESS website, please contact the Student Help Desk, (630) 942-2999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take Necessary Placement Tests - Placement tests are offered on a walk-in basis. A picture ID and student ID number are required to complete your tests. Placement tests are available for the subjects of reading, writing, and math. The Testing Center is located in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC) room 2A06, (630) 942-2400.
- Complete a Degree Audit - A degree audit will outline exactly what courses you have received credit for at College of DuPage, as well as what courses you still need to complete for the Associate in Arts (AA) degree. Login to myACCESS and select "myACCESS for Students". Scroll down and select "Degree Audit" from the Academic Profile category. Select "Associate in Arts". Select the most recent catalog and click "Submit". If you are not pursuing the AA degree, please complete an Academic Program Change Form and update your record.
- Check for Course Prerequisites - Go to the prerequisites page, or email email@example.com.
- Connect with Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services - . Visit the Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services Center located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 3200, (630) 942-2259 or contact a counselor.
- Complete a 3+1 Transfer Application - The 3+1 Transfer Application should be turned in to the he Counseling, Advising and Transfer Services office located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 3200. Applications can also be email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students need to use their College of DuPage student email account to submit 3+1 Applications.
- Register for Classes - Register in myACCESS or in person at the Office of Student Registration Services, Student Services Center (SSC) Room 2221. Phone registration is available at (630) 942-2377.
- Select a Payment Plan - All students are required to pay their tuition and fees at the time of registration. Make a payment in full or enroll in either the automatic or deferred payment plan through myACCESS. For more information, call the Cashier's Office at (630) 942-2206.
- Apply to Valley City State University - You should apply directly to Valley City State University as a transfer student for the approproate Education Program once you are approximately 1 full semester from completing your AA degree.
- Order Official Transcripts - Contact the Office of Student Records and order official transcripts so they may
be sent to Valley City State University for review. You can order transcripts through
your myACCESS account under the "myACCESS for Students" menu. Once there, click on
the "Official Transcript Order Form".