All the materials listed below must be submitted before a decision is made regarding your application.
The processing time for an I-20 document is approximately two to three weeks from the date your completed application is received.
The prospective student must complete all sections of the International I-20 Application online. You must make sure to provide your home address (non-U.S. address) along with information about where you will be living while attending College of DuPage.
If you start an application that requires the Social Security Number to be populated, then you have started the incorrect application. You will need to log back into your online profile and select the "International I-20 application".
A $20 application fee must be paid online upon completion of the International I-20 Application. This fee is not refundable or applicable toward tuition.
Submit one recently taken photograph with your application.
The minimum academic requirement for international admission is proof of graduation from an accredited secondary (high) school. Please submit original credentials showing completion of higher secondary school to College of DuPage, plus official transcripts from any colleges or universities previously attended. Faxed or email copies are NOT acceptable. Certified (notarized) photocopies are only considered if sent directly to the College of DuPage from the issuing institution in a sealed envelope.
If original credentials are not available in English, an official English translation must accompany the original document.
It's important to note that not all educational systems are the same so if you have any questions on what document is required for admission, please call or email the office for further information.
Your passport must be valid and not expired.
If you are already in the United States on a B, F, J or other non-immigrant visa, please provide photocopies of:
- Most recent visa (even if expired),
- I-94 information,
- I-20 document (if on a F-1 visa)
- DS-2019 document (if on a J-1 visa),
- USCIS Notice of Action approving extension or change of status application.
Two forms are required:
- A signed and notarized Affidavit of Financial Support you can download from this link.
- Original bank statement showing adequate funds to cover the estimated costs of attendance and living expenses for one full academic year. The predetermined amount that you or your sponsor must provide is stated on our Estimated Expenses page. The financial statement must have been issued within the last five months or less. If you are being sponsored by a company the sponsors name needs to be on the bank statement or an additional bank letter will need to be provided .
F-1 International Student Transfer Applicants
You must have successfully completed at least one academic term at the institution that issued your previous I-20. F-1 transfer applicants must submit the International Student Verification Form completed by the International Student advisor from the previous school attended. You will need to make sure to provide all the above mentioned required documents along with submitting an official transcript.
Applicants with Dependents
Applications with dependents will need to provide the following documentation of their dependents if seeking an F2 visa status:
• Dependent Estimated Expense Form
• Copy of passport
• Copy of visa (if applicable)
• Copy of I-94 (if applicable)
• Copy of I-20 (if applicable
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2225
Fax: (630) 942-2323
Monday to Fridays: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Evening appointments are available upon request.