All the materials listed below must be submitted before a decision is made regarding your application.
The processing time for an I-20 document is approximately two to three weeks from the date your completed application is received.
The prospective student must complete all sections of the International I-20 Application online. You must make sure to provide your home address (non-U.S. address) along with information about where you will be living while attending College of DuPage.
If you start an application that requires the Social Security Number to be populated, then you have started the incorrect application. You will need to log back into your online profile and select the "International I-20 application".
It is very important that the online application be completed by the prospective student, to avoid further delays to the admission process.
An application fee must be paid online upon submitting the International I-20 Application. This fee is not refundable nor applicable toward tuition. Visit the Admissions Policies page for application fee information.
Submit one recently taken photograph with your application.
The minimum academic requirement for international admission is proof of graduation from an accredited secondary (high) school. Please upload to your online application your credentials showing completion of higher secondary school to College of DuPage, plus official transcripts from any colleges or universities previously attended. Faxed or email copies are NOT acceptable.
If original credentials are not available in English, an official English translation must accompany the original document.
It is important to note that not all educational systems are the same so if you have any questions on what document is required for admission, please call or email the office for additional information.
Your passport must be valid and not expired.
If you are already in the United States on a B, F, J or other non-immigrant visa, please provide photocopies of:
- Most recent visa (even if expired)
- I-20 document (if on an F-1 visa)
- DS-2019 document (if on a J-1 visa)
- USCIS Notice of Action approving extension or change of status application
Students are permitted to provide financial support from up to two sponsor. The sponsor can be family, friends or a company from the U.S. or outside the U.S.
Two forms are required:
- A signed and notarized Affidavit of Financial Support you can download from this link.
- An official bank statement showing adequate funds to cover the estimated cost of attendance and living expenses for one full academic year. A clear scan of the official document can be uploaded directly to the students online application. The predetermined amount that you or your sponsor must provide is stated on our Estimated Expenses page. The financial statement must have been issued within the last five months. If you are being sponsored by a company, the sponsor's name must be on the bank statement or an additional bank letter must be provided.
The TOEFL iBT or IELTS will be required for admission to the College of DuPage for both the Academic programs and the English Language Studies (ELS). For more detailed information about requirements and exceptions can be found in our English proficiency page.
F-1 International Student Transfer Applicants
Current F-1 international student enrolled at a U.S. institution wishing transfer, must submit the International Student Verification Form. This form will need to be completed by the student and International Student Advisor from their current U.S. institution. You will need to make sure to provide all the above mentioned required documents along with submitting an official transcript.
Applicants with Dependents
Applications with dependents will need to provide the following documentation of their dependents if seeking an F-2 visa status:
• Dependent Estimated Expense Form
• Copy of passport
• Copy of visa (if applicable)
• Copy of I-94 (if applicable)
• Copy of I-20 (if applicable
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2225
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Evening appointments are available upon request.