Your future begins at College of DuPage
It's no secret that determining your future and applying for college can be overwhelming. At COD, we can help you every step of the way. Our traditional students are first timers who are ready to increase their knowledge and start the next phase of their life. Here's everything you need to know to get started today.
- Meet with an Admissions Representative or Attend an Event
Admissions Representatives at College of DuPage can answer questions about campus life and guide you through the process of applying. Schedule an appointment now or register for an upcoming Information Session.
- Create a Profile and Submit the General Admissions Application
Create your profile and complete your application by visiting admissions.cod.edu.
- Create your myACCESS Account
Your COD ID number will be provided to you in your welcome email. To setup your myACCESS account, visit myaccess.cod.edu.
- Setup your @dupage.edu email account
Your @dupage.edu email account will be generated once you setup your myACCESS account. It is very important that you check this email regularly. To setup your email, visit cod.edu/email.
- Apply for Financial Assistance or Scholarships/Explore Payment Plans
Visit the FAFSA website and add school code 006656 to determine your financial aid eligibility.
- Explore Available Payment Plan Options
Our payment plan options give you the ability to make payments throughout the semester or defer payments if you are utilizing financial aid.
- Submit Transcripts and Official Test Scores
Certify your academic record by sending us your official transcript. This includes your high school and/or college transcripts, ACT, SAT, AP or CLEP scores.
- Complete Placement Tests (if applicable)
Complete your reading, writing, ELS/ESL and math placement tests. Testing assistance is available in our Learning Commons.
- Attend New Student Advising & Registration (NSAR) Session
Schedule your appointment with Counseling & Advising by calling (630) 942-2259. When scheduling, please indicate whether you are an athlete, as there may be separate advising sessions available.
- Meet with the Office of Access and Accommodations (if applicable)
If you need accommodations for a disability, our Center for Access and Accommodations can help you with your needs.
- Register for Classes
To register, login to your myACCESS account.
- Pay for Classes or Setup a Payment Plan
To pay for classes or setup a payment plan, login to your myACCESS account and review the "Student Payment Information" section. All students should explore payment plan options.
- Purchase Textbooks/Course Supplies
You can access your course materials by checking for your supply list via myACCESS. Books and other material you need for your classes can be purchased at the Bookstore on campus or online at codbooks.com.
- Attend New Student Orientation (NSO)
At NSO, you'll be able to meet other Chaparrals, get more familiar with campus and hear everything COD has to offer.
My time at COD has contributed to my success in allowing me to explore my interest in entrepreneurship and get a solid foundation.