At College of DuPage, students are considered "first-generation students," if one or both of their parents/legal guardians:
- Did not attend a four-year college/university.
- Attempted some college, but did not complete a bachelor's degree.
- Attended a community college, a technical school, or an institution in another country.
- Did attend college, but you (the student) have lived away from them for more than half of your life.
- You are an adult student (20+) and you meet one of the above.
Information Session for First-Generation Students
Starting college can seem intimidating if you are the first in your family to attend college. This two-part series will help you navigate the enrollment process at College of DuPage. Come learn about the application process, next steps toward enrollment and available financial resources offered at College of DuPage. We encourage you to attend both sessions!
Below are upcoming events as part of the two-part series at College of DuPage:
This session will give students an introduction to College of DuPage, the admission process and general college information.
Topics will include:
- The difference between a university and a community college
- Transfer track vs. Workforce track
- Special partnerships: 2+2 Partnerships, 3+1 Programs, Engineering Pathways
- Tuition, Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Check back here for future event dates
During this session you will meet staff from different departments that will explain how to better prepare for your next steps. Our goal is to prepare recent high school graduates and adult students on what to expect as they navigate their final steps before classes begin. This is a great session to address student's questions, doubts and concerns.
Topics will include:
- How to prepare for placement testing
- Understanding payment plan options and financial aid award letter
- How to prepare for New Student Advising
- Tips & Resources for First-Generation Students
Once you register, we will send a confirmation email with instructions on how to join the webinar.
Registration will close one day prior to the date of the event.
All Information Sessions hosted at College of DuPage are free.
If you have questions, or would like to be added to this event after registration has closed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.